Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Pipes, Boost & Juice
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!
Sponsored by CARiD
Click Here

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #21
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,035
Default RE: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

Cool thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________

Screwed 01 GT 389/384
**FOR SALE** PM for details
WOH HRSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:13 PM   #22
rp4643
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location:
Posts: 116
Default RE: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

I wonder if this setup would work on a 2001-Saleen, I would go the non -intercooled,, what would be the diff other then HP?
__________________
Rob
Mustang Saleen 2000 #511
NA
JLT CIA
Mac Prochamber h o/r pipes
SCT tuned
rp4643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:03 AM   #23
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location:
Posts: 1,495
Default RE: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rp4643

I wonder if this setup would work on a 2001-Saleen, I would go the non -intercooled,, what would be the diff other then HP?
If you have the N/A saleen then there wont be any differences except you will need to swap your saleen underdrive pulleys for some off a stock GT. Im pretty sure there wont be much power differences. If you have the saleen supercharged then you would have to convert your motor to stock GT specs, but I dont see why you would really want to do that....
__________________
03 GT 5spd
Hellion 62mm w/Flowmaster cat back, DSS ProMod shortblock, manley nextek valvesprings, spec stage 3, billet flywheel, UPR kmember with MMR A arms and MMR coilovers, dual 03/04 cobra pumps w/BAP, SCT BA2800, siemens 60lb injectors, sct x3 with speedy dyno tune......532whp/630wtq
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:46 PM   #24
myls1
1st Gear Member
 
myls1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2001 Camaro SS
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 117
Default RE: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Frostbitten

Many many people have been asking me how I got my supercharger kit for less than $1500. Well, this is how its done. Please make this a sticky.

Even if you dont have an 00-04 you can still get it done just as cheap. I have just quoted prices fora non-intercooled Vortech setup.Search throughhttp://www.superchargersonline.com and you can find prices for different makes and models. I do not work for them but they just have good service and they helped me build my kit.

This is a list of parts youll need to buy.

Vortech Bracket Assembly $289
http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...er=V4FL111-031
includes:
3/8-16 x 1-3/4" HXHD G8
3/8" AN960 Flat Washers
Belt, K061080-Gatesd Saleen
Mach, 2000 GT Mtg. Brkt
8mm x 1.25 x 65 Soc
8mm x1.25 x 140 HXH
5/16 AN-Washer
6mm x 1.0 x 50mm HXHD Zinc
8mm x 1.25 x 25 HXHD
Radiator Pipe-Stnlss
#24 Gold Seal Hose C
Adel Clamp, 3/4' ID
10-24 x 1/2 Soc HD Cap, Zinc Plt
#10 Flat Washer
10mm x 1.50 x 140 Hex Head
10mm Washer, Zinc Plated
10mm x 1.5 x 65 Bolt, SHCS
#8 x 3/4 Sheet Metal
2000 2V Idler Ply Assy.
Idler Plt Assy, 2V GEN3
Idler Pulley, 6Rib 3" Flangd
Dust Cover (Idler Pulley)
12mm x 1.75 x 20mm Pld
Spacer, Idler Plate 2V G3
3/8-16 x G8 HXHD
1/4 SAE Washer, Pltd
M8 x 1.25 x 140 Bolt

Vortech Discharge Assembly $189
http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...er=V4FH112-020
includes:
Discharge Tube
3" x 2" Sleeve
2-3/4" x 2" Sleeve
#44 Hose Clamps
#48 Hose Clamps
#16 Hose Clamps
Bosch Bypass Valve
1" x 3.5" Heater Hose
1" x 13.5" Heater Hose
5/32" x 52" Vacuum Line
5/32" TEE
1" Hose Union
1" x 90 Degree Rubber Elbow

Vortech Air Intake Assembly $204
http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...er=V4FH112-010
includes:
90 Degree Intake Elbow
MAF Meter Bracket Assembly (be sure to order the correct size if you are using a 90mm MAF)
#56 Hose Clamps
3-1/2" x 2" Sleeve
3-1/2" x 9" Flex Hose
#52 Hose Clamps
Air Filter
1/4-20 x 3/4" SHCS
1/4-20 Nylock Nuts
1/4"SAE Washers
Inlet Elbow
3/4" NPT x 1" Hose Fitting
5/8" x 48" Hose
3/4" x 27" Hose
7/16" Rubber Grommet
5/8" Barb

Vortech Oil Feed Assembly $22
http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...er=V4FH130-026
includes:
1/4" x 26" Oil Feed Hose
.525 Crimp Ferrules
#4 Swivel x 1/4" Hose Barb Fitting
1/8" NPT -4 x 45 Degree male Elbow
1/4" NPT Street TEE
1/4" NPT x -4 90 Degree Fitting
-4 Flare to 1/4 NPT

Vortech Oil Drain Assembly $23
http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...er=V4FH130-036
inlcudes:
1/2" x 14" Oil Drain Hose
#8 Stainless Hose Clamps
90 Degree 1/2" Alum. Tube
Tube Nut
Male Connector

Vortech Bracket Assembly: $289
Vortech Discharge Assembly: $189
Vortech Air Intake Assembly: $204
Vortech Oil Feed Assembly: $22
Vortech Oil Drain Assembly: $23
Total: $727 before tax/shipping

That is cost for EVERY single item you need to put a Vortech S, SQ, or T trim on your 2000-2004 Mustang GT. Only thing left to buy is the head unit. They are fairly easy to find if you search Ebay, SVTperformance.com, or Corral.net . A used S-trim sells between $400-800 depending on assumed mileage and condition. I bought mine for $700 with discharge pipe and intake. If you want a new head unit they cost $1849 for a brand new satin V-1 s-trim. A used head unit WILL be alot cheaper and perform just as well. Even if the unit needs a rebuild, the cost is about $350 from vortech or you can find some performance shops that can do it for around $100. Mine was in great condition when I picked it up from a guy on Ebay. Even bieng a 6 year old head unit it had no shaft play and seems to be in perfect condition.

If you find a head unit for $600, add the cost of the hardware ($727) and this comes out to $1327 for a COMPLETE vortech s-trim setup every part new but the head unit and fuel injectors. Even if you paid say $800 it would just come out to $1527 before tax and shipping. 96-98 models with the return style fuel system will need a FuelManagementUnit also.

Install takes a full days work to get it done right. Anyone with general knowledge of removing and installing bolts on the front of the timing cover, removing the belt, using a pipe tap, and swapping non-pressed pullies can perform this install.

Heres the install manual: http://www.vortecheng.com/pdf/manuals/4FH4FL218im.pdf

BTW my ebay head unit is still in perfect condition after 20,000 miles of street/track time.

INTERCOOLER:
You have three choices:
Vortech Air-Waterhttp://www.superchargersonline.com/p...ber=V8N301-030
$1599
Paxton Air-Air http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...ber=PAX1300001
$1399
DIY Ebay kit
$189
Intercooler-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24-x1...spagenameZWDVW
Piping kit- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Unive...35926297QQrdZ1

I went with an Ebay intercooler and found BTI piping from a guy on Ebay so my install was a little easier.

Non-intercooled setups will make around 350-370whp on 8psi. Intercooled setups can make 370-390whp on 8psi and over 400whp on 10psi with supporting mods on a 99-04 GT.[8D]
Dam i bet it took a long *** time to type all that ****. Very nice by the way.
__________________
2001 Camaro SS 10.84@123mph NA
1.48 60ft 487rwhp / 439rwtq NA

TSP LQ9 6.0L 402cid, TFS 235's, comp custom grind cam,
ARH 1 7/8, Fast 90/92, Performabuilt level 2 4l60E,
FTI 3800 stall, 4.11 gears, full Suspension,
28" MT ET street radials, race weight 3800lbs with driver.
myls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:47 PM   #25
myls1
1st Gear Member
 
myls1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2001 Camaro SS
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 117
Default RE: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Frostbitten

Many many people have been asking me how I got my supercharger kit for less than $1500. Well, this is how its done. Please make this a sticky.

Even if you dont have an 00-04 you can still get it done just as cheap. I have just quoted prices fora non-intercooled Vortech setup.Search throughhttp://www.superchargersonline.com and you can find prices for different makes and models. I do not work for them but they just have good service and they helped me build my kit.

This is a list of parts youll need to buy.

Vortech Bracket Assembly $289
http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...er=V4FL111-031
includes:
3/8-16 x 1-3/4" HXHD G8
3/8" AN960 Flat Washers
Belt, K061080-Gatesd Saleen
Mach, 2000 GT Mtg. Brkt
8mm x 1.25 x 65 Soc
8mm x1.25 x 140 HXH
5/16 AN-Washer
6mm x 1.0 x 50mm HXHD Zinc
8mm x 1.25 x 25 HXHD
Radiator Pipe-Stnlss
#24 Gold Seal Hose C
Adel Clamp, 3/4' ID
10-24 x 1/2 Soc HD Cap, Zinc Plt
#10 Flat Washer
10mm x 1.50 x 140 Hex Head
10mm Washer, Zinc Plated
10mm x 1.5 x 65 Bolt, SHCS
#8 x 3/4 Sheet Metal
2000 2V Idler Ply Assy.
Idler Plt Assy, 2V GEN3
Idler Pulley, 6Rib 3" Flangd
Dust Cover (Idler Pulley)
12mm x 1.75 x 20mm Pld
Spacer, Idler Plate 2V G3
3/8-16 x G8 HXHD
1/4 SAE Washer, Pltd
M8 x 1.25 x 140 Bolt

Vortech Discharge Assembly $189
http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...er=V4FH112-020
includes:
Discharge Tube
3" x 2" Sleeve
2-3/4" x 2" Sleeve
#44 Hose Clamps
#48 Hose Clamps
#16 Hose Clamps
Bosch Bypass Valve
1" x 3.5" Heater Hose
1" x 13.5" Heater Hose
5/32" x 52" Vacuum Line
5/32" TEE
1" Hose Union
1" x 90 Degree Rubber Elbow

Vortech Air Intake Assembly $204
http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...er=V4FH112-010
includes:
90 Degree Intake Elbow
MAF Meter Bracket Assembly (be sure to order the correct size if you are using a 90mm MAF)
#56 Hose Clamps
3-1/2" x 2" Sleeve
3-1/2" x 9" Flex Hose
#52 Hose Clamps
Air Filter
1/4-20 x 3/4" SHCS
1/4-20 Nylock Nuts
1/4"SAE Washers
Inlet Elbow
3/4" NPT x 1" Hose Fitting
5/8" x 48" Hose
3/4" x 27" Hose
7/16" Rubber Grommet
5/8" Barb

Vortech Oil Feed Assembly $22
http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...er=V4FH130-026
includes:
1/4" x 26" Oil Feed Hose
.525 Crimp Ferrules
#4 Swivel x 1/4" Hose Barb Fitting
1/8" NPT -4 x 45 Degree male Elbow
1/4" NPT Street TEE
1/4" NPT x -4 90 Degree Fitting
-4 Flare to 1/4 NPT

Vortech Oil Drain Assembly $23
http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...er=V4FH130-036
inlcudes:
1/2" x 14" Oil Drain Hose
#8 Stainless Hose Clamps
90 Degree 1/2" Alum. Tube
Tube Nut
Male Connector

Vortech Bracket Assembly: $289
Vortech Discharge Assembly: $189
Vortech Air Intake Assembly: $204
Vortech Oil Feed Assembly: $22
Vortech Oil Drain Assembly: $23
Total: $727 before tax/shipping

That is cost for EVERY single item you need to put a Vortech S, SQ, or T trim on your 2000-2004 Mustang GT. Only thing left to buy is the head unit. They are fairly easy to find if you search Ebay, SVTperformance.com, or Corral.net . A used S-trim sells between $400-800 depending on assumed mileage and condition. I bought mine for $700 with discharge pipe and intake. If you want a new head unit they cost $1849 for a brand new satin V-1 s-trim. A used head unit WILL be alot cheaper and perform just as well. Even if the unit needs a rebuild, the cost is about $350 from vortech or you can find some performance shops that can do it for around $100. Mine was in great condition when I picked it up from a guy on Ebay. Even bieng a 6 year old head unit it had no shaft play and seems to be in perfect condition.

If you find a head unit for $600, add the cost of the hardware ($727) and this comes out to $1327 for a COMPLETE vortech s-trim setup every part new but the head unit and fuel injectors. Even if you paid say $800 it would just come out to $1527 before tax and shipping. 96-98 models with the return style fuel system will need a FuelManagementUnit also.

Install takes a full days work to get it done right. Anyone with general knowledge of removing and installing bolts on the front of the timing cover, removing the belt, using a pipe tap, and swapping non-pressed pullies can perform this install.

Heres the install manual: http://www.vortecheng.com/pdf/manuals/4FH4FL218im.pdf

BTW my ebay head unit is still in perfect condition after 20,000 miles of street/track time.

INTERCOOLER:
You have three choices:
Vortech Air-Waterhttp://www.superchargersonline.com/p...ber=V8N301-030
$1599
Paxton Air-Air http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...ber=PAX1300001
$1399
DIY Ebay kit
$189
Intercooler-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24-x1...spagenameZWDVW
Piping kit- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Unive...35926297QQrdZ1

I went with an Ebay intercooler and found BTI piping from a guy on Ebay so my install was a little easier.

Non-intercooled setups will make around 350-370whp on 8psi. Intercooled setups can make 370-390whp on 8psi and over 400whp on 10psi with supporting mods on a 99-04 GT.[8D]
Dam i bet it took a long time to type all that ****. Very nice by the way.
__________________
2001 Camaro SS 10.84@123mph NA
1.48 60ft 487rwhp / 439rwtq NA

TSP LQ9 6.0L 402cid, TFS 235's, comp custom grind cam,
ARH 1 7/8, Fast 90/92, Performabuilt level 2 4l60E,
FTI 3800 stall, 4.11 gears, full Suspension,
28" MT ET street radials, race weight 3800lbs with driver.
myls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:46 PM   #26
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location:
Posts: 1,495
Default RE: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

Quote:
ORIGINAL: myls1

Dam i bet it took a long time to type all that ****. Very nice by the way.
lol it took a few minutes, but I just cut and pasted the parts list from the vortech manual. Thanks for the good words!
__________________
03 GT 5spd
Hellion 62mm w/Flowmaster cat back, DSS ProMod shortblock, manley nextek valvesprings, spec stage 3, billet flywheel, UPR kmember with MMR A arms and MMR coilovers, dual 03/04 cobra pumps w/BAP, SCT BA2800, siemens 60lb injectors, sct x3 with speedy dyno tune......532whp/630wtq
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:57 PM   #27
nes
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location:
Posts: 12
Default RE: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

what if i can get my hands on a paxton novi 1000headunit with the bracket? can i used the votech discharge and what not. i cant seem to find anything paxton on the site...
__________________
nes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #28
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location:
Posts: 1,495
Default RE: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nes

what if i can get my hands on a paxton novi 1000headunit with the bracket? can i used the votech discharge and what not. i cant seem to find anything paxton on the site...
im pretty positive that would work just fine. You may need to buy a little different silicon couplers if the discharge pipe isnt perfectly aligned. You could make it work.
__________________
03 GT 5spd
Hellion 62mm w/Flowmaster cat back, DSS ProMod shortblock, manley nextek valvesprings, spec stage 3, billet flywheel, UPR kmember with MMR A arms and MMR coilovers, dual 03/04 cobra pumps w/BAP, SCT BA2800, siemens 60lb injectors, sct x3 with speedy dyno tune......532whp/630wtq
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:03 AM   #29
rp4643
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location:
Posts: 116
Default RE: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

frostbit, so with my Saleen everything you have listed wwould work but I would have to change the underdrive pulleys to stock GT, Correct, Is there any other items I would need? gears? Im at 3:55? , Plugs, fule pump, injectors.. I suppose if you call them they will tell you everything needed. I just dont want to under-cover or over kill.

I have o/r H pipes and a JLT CIA plus a SCT2 tune now. a lame 250 HP is all im getting but im at 5300 feet
__________________
Rob
Mustang Saleen 2000 #511
NA
JLT CIA
Mac Prochamber h o/r pipes
SCT tuned
rp4643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #30
d3adbolt
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 157
Default RE: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

*whipes tears from eyes* they don't have mounting kits for new edge 3.8's. the woes of being the hated 6
__________________
'01 v6 vert
biggest mistake ever: turning down a '92 foxbody 5.0 vert for only 3k and getting a '01 vert for 10k
d3adbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:57 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Tags
10mm, 140, 150, 1500, 2000, belt, discharge, diy, drain, head, hex, k061080, mustang, novi, oil, size, supercharger, vortech, votech

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what else will i need for my vortech kit? Eduardo Pipes, Boost & Juice 9 03-03-2009 10:47 PM

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup