Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Help me pick my blower

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help me pick my blower

I guess there really is a big difference between the 4.6 and the 5.0 when it comes to boosting them. People have been telling me with 8-9 psi I should expect 360-375 whp. Is it true you have to run more expensive oil for the procharger? If the procharger is going to keep racking up bills after the installation I don't know if I would think its worth it. And where did you order your kit from? If the procharger is that much I would love to see how much the vortech goes for.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:50 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

well my s/c came with 3 extra bottles of oil, after first 500 miles you change it, then after that its every 6,000 miles.
I think its like $30 for a few bottles or something. So a case will last like 18,000 for $30. So thats not too bad.

here is the link where I bought mine

http://powerhouseperformance.com/catalog/

The guy was real nice and helpful. Procharger shipped it directly to me.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:30 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

Go with the Vortech or Paxton and run a methanol injection kit along with it. The procharger kit to me seems not too well thought out. The air filter placement on that kit is retarded, I have also heard alot of horror stories of leaky seals in the self contained unit.

If you run the meth kit with the Vortech or Paxton, you will make more power then the porcharger. You get a better setup design to begin with, cooler running blower pulling in cooler air from the fender well, no pressure drop from a intercooler, better intercooling efficiency with the water, and a higher octaine fuel with the meth, all for the same price you'll pay for the procharger. Vortech also offers a 3 year warranty and I'm pretty sure procharger is only 1. You can't go wrong!
Old 12-17-2007, 03:04 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

I am kinda hesitant about the methanol injection... I have heard good and bad things, I was originally going to run one, but im just unsure of it
Old 12-17-2007, 03:58 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

i know of 3 procharged cars personally that are good friends 2 of which have had the units for over a year and no leaks, so i dunno what hes saying about the SC units being bad, as for the units getting hot im gonna say BS on that too after 3 consecutive dyno pulls my unit was still only warm to the touch, drove it home and it had cooled on the drive home, talk to a reputable SC installer and they can tell you their stories as well.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:09 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

It's not that the procharger units get too hot that it causes damage, they just operate hotter then a non self contained units. The hotter the blower itself is, the hotter the air coming out of it is too.

What makes you unsure on the meth kit bighungry?
Old 12-17-2007, 05:24 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

its not really that much hotter and procharger offers intercooled whereas vortec doesnt, vortech gainst at 8psi compared to a procharger gain at 8psi, the procharger is slightly better, atleast from the charts and articles that i have read
Old 12-17-2007, 05:42 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Of the 3 I pick the Novi just cuz. it willrip the *** of the other 2 and will leave you lots of room to grow. Think you wont out grow a S/C think again I did. With a Procharger P600 b it took a few years but I did. If I would of had a biggerS/C I would still be running one. but Making the change I am now gone turbo for a while.And the 2000 has been around for a while also and is very dependable
Old 12-17-2007, 06:33 PM
fosspdfrk

Well I voted for the Vortech, just ordered a Mongoose Kit with one. I am a do-it-yourself guy, (Aircraft Mech). Seems to me that all the parts MPH inculdes makes it easy to install and be up and running, And the price wasgood. Vortech isgiving a$250 rebate till DEC. 31st. I think no matter what you choose your going to be happier than stock. I let you know how it goes on the install and the results. Its going on right when I get home in January.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OneFastEclipse

What makes you unsure on the meth kit bighungry?
I have "heard" that meth inj after time eats away metal... don't know if its true or not, I also heard its hard to tune on, plus it would suck to run out of meth when you are in boost haha

Quick Reply: Help me pick my blower