Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Help me pick my blower

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Fobra
Banned

Default RE: Help me pick my blower

I am against meth, ... alone anyways... id use in conjunction with an intercooler, but not a substitute
Old 12-18-2007, 09:54 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

If you are looking for a tuner in NJ I HIGHLY suggest Big Daddy Performance in Lakewood, check out their website. Ive been going there the past year and they are the best by far ive been to.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:47 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banned

I am against meth, ... alone anyways... id use in conjunction with an intercooler, but not a substitute
You have reasoning behind that?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:22 AM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

Wow, I must have the only good P-1SC ever made. I just made my 6th oil change since I got the unit new and have never had a leak (knock on wood). I have over 30k miles on the unit. I have been very happy with it. To dispell a few myths I can say that it is not difficult to make oil changes. It is actually quicker than changing the motor's oil. While I am waiting for all of the oil to finish draining out of the motor, I can completely change the oil in the head unit - without removing the head unit as I always hear people say you need to do (and I don't use a syphon either). Any supercharger with bad alignment will eat belts. I'm still on my first belt. SC's with smaller pulleys tend to slip and eat belts but pulleys run on stock motors (8-10 psi) don't seem to have a problem unless the install is ****ty and poorly aligned.

All this being said, don't let the tapping of the oil pan be the reason youdecide on which blower to get.Whether it's self contained or not, the reasons for or against that specification is really overstated.

Oh, and I voted for the Novi 2000 for it's scalability. If you're planning on going bigger later, that's the right head unit out of the three.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

When everybody says going bigger I think they are talking about some astronomical numbers. I plan on maybe uping the boost to about 12-13 psi after the engine is forged. The P-1SC come with an inter cooler already so to up the boost later all i'd need is a pulley, maybe some bigger injectors and a tune. I like the idea of going bigger with only a few small things. The intercooler is whats making me lean heavily toward the procharger as of now, just because I found it for a little more than the vortec kit I was looking at. Unless some one knows where to get a V2 SQ s-trim for under three grand. And the meth will strictly be for after I have a built intercooled s/c motor.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:40 AM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

You can get a vortech S-trim kit for quite a bit under 3 grand.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

I say go with the Vortech kit my man. I am putting down really good numbers, especially my car being an auto. Run extremely well, sounds awesome and looks awesome too. The V2 can hold a max of 30 LBS. of boost. Not sure about the Paxton. I have 11lbs. of boost now, 425 RWHP, and 379 RWTQ. If I were to put a different pulley, my numbers would be closer to 460+ RWHP and 430 RWTQ at about 14 LBS. of boost. The vortech is great IMHO. They do have a habit of putting down better numbers then Paxton or Prochargers. the intercooler kit you could get for an addition 700 bucks. Good luck man.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:37 PM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banned

ORIGINAL: iraziel

My personal experience and reading would say Procharger, i think they can go up to like 32lbs of boost max. With the P1SC, mine leaks, i must have inherited the older one, but its not bad.
I would lean towards the Vortech secondly, i've heard nothing but good things minus tapping the oil pan (which i dont like the idea no matter how you slice it) plus to add an intercooler you should beat PC lbs for lbs

But to add an option look into Rotrex at thier website. So far from what i've read sounds like a great option...but im still lookin into it for myself, from what i found(called around) so far the set up cost's under 3k.

I hope your not saying the p1-sc will hit 32 lbs
... it will barely hit 15-16, but like you said... you have the leak. I think part of that is from the s/c nature itself and how much heat the unit holds in. Being self containd (s/c) is not a good thing, its meant to make people think.. "hey, i dont have to tap the oil pan" meaning it would some how be cheaper and easier. The only real advantage between have a self contained system has nothing to do with performance. The idea is tha if your motor craps out on you, metal particles wont be able to make their way into your supercharger, and vice versa. This is a valid point, however a rebuild is not very expensive, and prochargers leak, and need a rebuild anyway... so in theory it would be better, but in reality it doesnt seem to do any good. Prochargers however do have great track performance, either system will make you very happy. I go with vortech because their systems are just as high quality, if not better and are substantially cheaper... they also have better customer service from my understand, but that is only hear say, I do not know for sure
Sorry it was 30lbs max... http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml

Yea i have a leak but thats an issue they fixed with that model, by the time the car/ procharger came into my possesion the warrenty was already expired and i didnt have the money to get it fixed. I am STILL dealing with an alignment issue from the previous owners installment, which i have allllmost fixed, but at least im not eating belts every month from it. I really dont know what reasoning behind the "no tapping" but i still wouldnt do it if i had the option.
After doing all kinds of reading and what not i would probably go vortech w/ an intercooler. But from 1st hand experience with procharger, i'll be bias [8D]
Old 12-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GrabberMustangGT

I say go with the Vortech kit my man. I am putting down really good numbers, especially my car being an auto. Run extremely well, sounds awesome and looks awesome too. The V2 can hold a max of 30 LBS. of boost. Not sure about the Paxton. I have 11lbs. of boost now, 425 RWHP, and 379 RWTQ. If I were to put a different pulley, my numbers would be closer to 460+ RWHP and 430 RWTQ at about 14 LBS. of boost. The vortech is great IMHO. They do have a habit of putting down better numbers then Paxton or Prochargers. the intercooler kit you could get for an addition 700 bucks. Good luck man.
So your run 11 psi with no intercooler or what? If its intercooled that would be a big differencefrom the regular kit I was looking at.
Eclipse, help me out, where can I find a V2 SQ s-trim vortec for under3 grand. I want the whole kit, not just the head unit. The vortec kit I was looking at is 3300 bucks and the procharger is 3500 hundered but comes with an intercooler.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:19 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

They have them at Summit Racing for $2690. If you call Bob Kurgan, he could probably hook you up with a better price then that.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=VOR%2D4FL218%2D150S Q&N=700+4294925239+4294839032+4294839808+42949 08331+400107+4294907673+4294924642+4294793279+4294 880826+115&autoview=sku

Quick Reply: Help me pick my blower