Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

custom supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 03:20 AM
marlfox8

Default custom supercharger

i am currently working on a 5.0 L engine, and am looking to make the most power for as little cost.(i got two engines for free, ready to go) they are 89's.
i bought a supercharger for one from a junkyard for 100 bucks, i am just wondering what i am going to need to get it working with 12 psi of boost. i have it hooked up, but have not run it yet, i want to get the computer tuning or whatever out of the way, will the stock fuel system read the increase in o2 and supply more fuel, or will I need something to get going?
thanks for any input, i don't really care if i blow one engine b/c of too much boost, but i would like to get it going and see some power results for a little while at least.

thanks again
Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 AM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: custom supercharger

Your going to need at the very minimum 42lb injectors, walboro 255lph intake feul pump, and a FMU. Personally, I would do the injectors, fuel pump, and then get a custom tune done on a chip at a dyno shop. The stock fuel system will not supply enough fuel without you telling it to whether it be mechanically or electronically.

What kind of supercharger did you get out of the junk yard?
Old 07-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OneFastEclipse

Your going to need at the very minimum 42lb injectors, walboro 255lph intake feul pump, and a FMU. Personally, I would do the injectors, fuel pump, and then get a custom tune done on a chip at a dyno shop. The stock fuel system will not supply enough fuel without you telling it to whether it be mechanically or electronically.

What kind of supercharger did you get out of the junk yard?
Prolly a powerdine

Curious as well, What Brand S/c is it?
Old 07-04-2008, 02:32 AM
marlfox8

it's a supercharger from a ford thunderbird, 3.8 L , i put a smaller pulley on it, and now i am figuring what else i need to buy to make it work. my plan is to push this engine to the max maybe make some money off of racing then put the other 5.0 that i have into it and have it to drive once in a while.

could i increase voltage to a 255 lph pump (by 3-4 volts) and overpressurize the 32-34 lb per hour injectors on it? or would they not work at all then?
Old 07-04-2008, 05:36 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

only run an fmu if your going to be using small injectors with 42 lb injectors the fmu wouldnt be needed, most fmu's are calibrated to run 19-24# injectors with lower hp numbers anyways, you can increase the fuel pressure a little bit but over volting a system is not the way to do it,your safest bet is 255lph and 42# injectors, run and adjustable FPR if needed, but i havent even had to use one yet