Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

which nos system to buy

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 07:37 PM
procs2v
3rd Gear Member

Default which nos system to buy

almost ready to buy a system just want to know what you thank is a good system for my mods. I want to spend around $800 for the system and heater. I already now a little about nos systems, I have it on my busa. So install and set up will be do right. Also if anyone has a good dill on a used system I would take buy it

[IMG]local://upfiles/13802/A82FD5F1C2B24F2EB097C617F43DEF78.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-05-2005, 08:12 PM
66_mustang_04
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: which nos system to buy

you mean a nitrous system and the system to get for your car would be NX [sm=nxsmile.gif]
Old 05-05-2005, 08:12 PM
66_mustang_04
3rd Gear Member

how do you like those bfg's im thinking bout getting some?
Old 05-05-2005, 08:14 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 66_mustang_04

you mean a nitrous system and the system to get for your car would be NX [sm=nxsmile.gif]
Old 05-05-2005, 11:19 PM
quarterhorse
2nd Gear Member

noszle is safest kit i know of. no puddling in the plastic intake=no blow ups. sprays straight into the block. really expensive but well worth the extra money. also comes with every safety option available. the only problem i ever had was my stock fuel pump couldnt handle the kit so i got a 255lph walbro and solved the problem.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:28 PM
procs2v
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 66_mustang_04

how do you like those bfg's im thinking bout getting some?
I like them, the hook good and drive fine. I have 1.84 60" with them and hope to get 1.79 with the 4.10's I was thanking about the venom 1000 from mustangtuning. I may order it on friday
Old 05-06-2005, 01:28 AM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

I dont know why everyone makes such a big deal out of NX. Compared to NX, NOS has better flowing jets, higher grade lines, and higher flowing bottle valves. Just go compare the two systems yourself. Most people that jump out and say NX, dont even know what a NX kit is composed of. People have a tendancy to believe the higher costing product is better. Its a self thought to justify paying the higher cost. NX is a great kit dont get me wrong, but I hate it when a name carries a product. The biggest thing I dont like about NX is that they rate their HP at the rear wheels. Most people think this is why their kit is better. Their Marketing and Sales team needs a major pat on the back for fooling everyone! Think about it for just a second... N20 is N20 so, if a NOS system sprays 150 to the crank and a NX system sprays 150 to the rear wheels, how do you think the NX system got that 150 to the wheels? They simply spray MORE N20! A 150 shot from a NX jet is MORE than a 150 shot from a NOS jet. This can be very damaging to your vehicle if your not aware of this. NOS IMO is a great choice. My buddy just installed a Stage 2 dry kit on his 96 GT. Its a very high quality kit. I'm currently looking into ZEX dry kits. ZEX offers the simplest to install kit, along with the safest. The fuel pressure is monitored inside a "Smart box" and will only spray under the right conditions. Also this smart box has a built in Wide open throttle switch so you dont have any extra stuff to buy like you do with most kits. Another pro with the ZEX systems are their "Pulse" nossels. This pulse is designed to keep wheel spin to a minimum when you open it up in first gear (every other single stage kit instantly pump out the full shot of N20 at WOT). It basically works just like a dual stage kit. Most of the people I have talked to with the ZEX system have had better ET times with a lower shot of this kit than they have with a higher shot of other kits. The kit is very smart and controled. My recommendation is with ZEX and NOS, both are very high quality kits that will get you the results you want.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:22 AM
66_mustang_04
3rd Gear Member

First of all im not making a big deal about NX he asked and i told him. Isnt that what a forum is for? Who told you NOS or ZEX have "better flowing valves and lines" and what not...Show me proof and ill be happy to sell my kit for your NOS or ZEX. NX is not pricey either i got my whole kit including the genx2 kit for about 800 NEW. So you're holding NX responsible for blowing people's engines up? If they did their research they would know that they rate it at rwhp and not hp and they should know the safety precautions as far as plugs, retard timing, and fuel before they even buy a kit and that goes for any kit. The pulses with ZEX reminds me of the aurgument between Kenne Bell and centrifugal superchargers. Do you want power through all the power range or little by little? NX has their fuel pressure safety switch or ..."smart box" as some call it...just to give it a "good name" another marketing technique, NX is not the only one. Considering results with an nitrous system...NITROUS is NITROUS your going to get the same result ...you put a 100 shot well what do you think add it up. Its not like you put a 100 shot and OMG i only got 65 hp but NOS gave me 101hp...uhhh no. Pretty much what it comes down to is what kit do you want? Theyre all pretty good quality.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:35 AM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

I never said NX wasnt good... Wow, I love it how people get so defensive on the internet... ok... Maybe I forget that posts on the forum can decietfully illustrate tone....

First of all im not making a big deal about NX he asked and i told him. Isnt that what a forum is for? Who told you NOS or ZEX have "better flowing valves and lines" and what not...Show me proof and ill be happy to sell my kit for your NOS or ZEX.
The forum is for people to give opinions and information, I never knocked on your opinion. I simply stated my opinion and followed up with why I feel the way I do. I apoligze if my opinion offends you in any way. If you read my post correctly I said "NOS has better flowing jets, higher grade lines, and higher flowing bottle valves. Just go compare the two systems yourself." I stand by what I said and if you need proof then call NX and Holley, ask them for the flow rates of their bottle valves, their line material, and jet information. The results you will find will be just as I said unless one company has made changes unbeknownst to me. The number for NX is 940-767-7694 and the number for Holley Performance is 270-781-9741

NX is not pricey either i got my whole kit including the genx2 kit for about 800 NEW.
Congratulations on your purchase but, I never did say NX was "pricey", only that they were of higher costs. Look at just about any major distributor and you will see that their kits generally run 100-200 dollars more than other kits of equal level.

So you're holding NX responsible for blowing people's engines up? If they did their research they would know that they rate it at rwhp and not hp and they should know the safety precautions as far as plugs, retard timing, and fuel before they even buy a kit and that goes for any kit.
Nope. I never did say they were responsible for "blowing people's engines up". I did however say that their marketing is misleading. They specifly say in advertisments that they rate their numbers at the rear wheels. The way they are displayed and written would lead one to believe that their kits are more efficient and this makes their kits better than the competition. I feel as if this is false.

The pulses with ZEX reminds me of the aurgument between Kenne Bell and centrifugal superchargers. Do you want power through all the power range or little by little?
Actually its nothing of the sort and, I never said ZEX was better. Once again I said that the Pulse system was a "pro" to the kit and was a good reason to look into that specific manufacturer. As for the ZEX kit itself, the pulses are not continuous throughout the entire application process. The pulses are only initial. The goal is to give a smooth incorporation of the N20 to keep maximum traction. ZEX kits are designed for a Street/strip car, not a vehicle equiped well enough to launch with 600HP to the wheels.

NX has their fuel pressure safety switch or ..."smart box" as some call it...just to give it a "good name" another marketing technique, NX is not the only one.
Actually they do not have a "smart box". They have as you said a "fuel pressure safety switch". These are two totally different things. If you want to get technical the switches can only detect extremely low fuel pressures, some are only effective once the fuel pressure gets to 16 PSI and below. Once again if you dont believe me, which I dont care if you do or not, call NX or Holley. All of the safety switches follow the same trends. Most avid N20 users will tell you that the FPSS is only effective for catastrophic situations and have a difficult time detecting slight FP drops. I only stated that ZEX has a "Smart box" because I felt as if it was a positive reason to investigate their products. ZEX's "Smart box" is self regulating and adjusts fuel pressure according to bottle pressure. A FPSS does NOT do this. Also the box houses solenoids for a cleaner installation. One more thing while Im talking about it is that the WOT switch is incorporated in the "Smart box" so you dont have to hook up any brackets like you do with other kits.

Considering results with an nitrous system...NITROUS is NITROUS your going to get the same result ...you put a 100 shot well what do you think add it up. Its not like you put a 100 shot and OMG i only got 65 hp but NOS gave me 101hp...uhhh no. Pretty much what it comes down to is what kit do you want? Theyre all pretty good quality.
Thank your for reiterating my first post. You made my point for me and I'm glad you feel the same way as I do.

The only reason for my comments was that the trend with most people's decisions are made by current hearsay. My point of the above post was to enunciate the importance of looking at all of your options, evaluate your current performance goals, and then make an educated decision. When someone says "whats the best N20 kit", you would be a fool to say a specific brand, it all depends on the users performance goals. You could, however, tell them kits you would recommened and then state why, which I did by the way. I also filled my above post with constant statements making it known that the views stated were my opinions based on my research. And yes, all of this is what the forum is for.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:28 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

only reason i agreed with him about NX, was i'm going by the opinion of a local shop. they will ONLY sell NX kits. they told me it's probably the best overall kit on the market for mustangs. i believe them, because that's the only cars they work on. nobody has had any complaints about that product. they used to sell procharger superchargers, but people started complaining about problems with them. they stopped selling those and only go with vortech or KB now.

also, i can't use a zex or a NOS kit on my car. i can't even use a venom. i have an 04 GT and i contacted mustangtuning about their venom and they said "probably not, it only says up to 2003 in our documentation." i called up holley about their NOS kit and they said it will NOT work on an 04GT. i was going to buy that off of somebody from this board until i found that out.

oh well, just get what you want. nitrous is nitrous! VROOM VROOM!!!!

Quick Reply: which nos system to buy