Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

100-150 wet shot with stock fuel system?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:28 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Default 100-150 wet shot with stock fuel system?

im spraying a 75shot right now, and im ready to bump it up.

i know i have 19lb injectors, and stock MAF, but i dont know if my pump is stock, ive had 2 ppl tell me my fuel pump "sounds to loud to be stock" so idk.

my question is, with my 10* of timing, premium fuel, and 2step colder plugs, should i be fine to spray 150 wet shot?

im at 5500ft elevation, so i know my injectors are good, as i dont use as much fuel up here, anything else elevation effects?

id also like to bump timing back up if possible, i use to run 15* and the car ran amazing, with 10* its at now, the car feels lazy!!

if not, could getting a pump be enough?

im thinking im just going to spray 100 for now, and then when i get it on the dyno try up to 150 and watch the air-fuel....

any advice would be great

remember, its a AOD vert, so i could use all the spray i can get!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:59 AM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 100-150 wet shot with stock fuel system?

do you have a msd box ? you really might wanna get a timing dial.

i think i'm gonna do it.... i'm tired of popping the hood to change it all the time

anyways, 150 might be pushing for a stock pump. 100 is fine all day long

and w/ the elevation.. you might wanna go in increments and check your plugs. you shoudl go from 100 to 125 and make 2 passes.. read the plugs early, shut down in the return area of fthe road... don't idle back to the pits. cuz it'll get all fouled out and not tell you correctly whats going on

if the 125 is good, then try 150. but i would get a new pump personally if it was me.

it's not just the size... it's the age of it

(damm that sounded perverted huh ?)
Old 08-11-2008, 11:39 AM
SeanAndKate
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 100-150 wet shot with stock fuel system?

haha i say its all about the size who cares how old she is... wait were you talking about cars?
Old 08-12-2008, 05:19 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

no, no MSD box yet, but thats in the near future. does it come with a timing switch where you can change the timing from inside the car?

well last night i put in a 100shot, i only had 3lbs in the bottle, so i only got about 3seconds of a good pull.

THAT is what ive been looking for, my girlfriend was like "ugh, that made my stomic churn, i feel like imma puke!"

hahahahhahaha

enough accelration to make someone feel sick to there stomic is awsome.

ill stay with 100shot untill i get my new nitrous silinoid (im using the purge to spray right now, as the used kit i bought came with a bad nitrous silinoid)

then ill get up on the dyno and see what its doing on there.

100 feels real good, so it wouldent be to hard for me to wait to change the pump, and such.

thanks for the advice bob, your the man.

btw i like your new sig alot better

Last edited by 302army187; 08-12-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:32 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

btw bob, need a good detailed answer on this one.

i went to fill up the bottle yesterday. and the guy refused.

you see, i had left the bottle in the trunk all day, car was sitting in the sun, pretty hot day.

i bring the bottle in, and yea it was "hot" but nothing crazy, maybe 100* max

as soon as he touch's it, he go's into this big speal about how the bottle is going to BLOW UP, and i have to keep it in a FREEZER for atleast 6hrs before he will fill it up!?

ok, i bet the hole freezer thing is bull****.

but what about the heat?

will leaving the bottle in the trunck, in the sun, really be that risky?

ive never heard this before and i dont know what to think.
my bottles been in the bottom of my fridge all night ,and im about to go get it filled, i just want to know if it really is that risky to leave a bottle in the car.

if it helps, its a 10lb NX bottle.

thanks bob (or anyone else that can answer this)
Old 08-13-2008, 07:14 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

he was douchebag for sure. and if you for sure only had 3 lbs int hat bottle... hold on w/ a full bottle cuz you only saw 50 hp out of that 100 jet combo. w/ 3 lbs your only gonna get about 600 psi of a hot bottle, and lost most of the effectiveness.. so yeah, fille her up and take a pic of your grin then

i'll get as detailed as i can on this one. because bottle temp is VERY important. it is possible to double the pressure by doubling the temp of the bottle. BUT!!! the burst disc is in the valve, it is rated for probably 2500-3000 psi, the bottle is rated for 3000+ and when they do a hydrostatic test, they put 150% (i think.. it's 125%-150%) of it's working pressure to test it. now to get 3000 psi you have to almost quadruple the heat

--[[ 100* bottle full will make about 1000 psi , double the temp doubles the press to 2000 psi and 200*, double that again and you have 4000 psi and 400* ]]--

can you get 400* in your trunk... on mercury maybe, but not on this planet

will you pop the burst disc ?? maybe, i don't think it would pop even at 300* and worst case scenario is you lose the amount of nitrous in the bottle.

a cool bottle is better but depends on how they fill it. a compressor will make the bottle really hot anyways from the heat of the compression, and you'll have really nice high bottle pressure until it cools down a bit

some people do freeze the bottle, and you can get a better fill that way... but w/ nitrous your dealing w/ weight of the gas.. not volume of the gas, so no matter how you get 10 lbs... it's always 10 lbs. the pressure can wander around from 600-1200, but the amount never changes.

i think i hit all the main points, but to ensure that i did... hot bottles are what you want. NO TORCHES !!! though that hurst the bottle and causes buildup inside that can flake off and clog a selonoid. a botttle heater is plenty warm enuff, sun shining in your back window is a bonus

i like to see 900 psi minimim, up to about 1200* makes me happy
Old 08-13-2008, 07:17 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

and oh yeah... yes msd makes a timing dial here it is.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 08-13-2008, 10:20 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

good to know.

yea, glad to hear about the temp.

i have a bottle heater, so ill just use that, but this guy was a total goof.

i went to get the bottle filled yesterday at a different shop, it was really cool, he touched it a few times, and was like "cool, brb"

comes back after about a min and says "sorry man, its out of "test" and points at a 05@02 number..

so the bottle is a year overdue for getting tested.

funny thing is, my new silinoid came early........ so now i have the new nitrous silinoid, but no bottle

so tommarow ill be putting in my new silinoid, finally get my purge hooked up, and be waiting for my bottle.

lol, very glad to hear about that 100shot being "weak" from a low bottle, cant wait to feel it
Old 08-14-2008, 07:12 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

wonder if i can use that timing dial with stock coal and ignition?

i have a few things on the list of stuff i need to fix/get too, and a MSD coil, ignition, and timing dial is sure to be in the top 5 now
Old 08-17-2008, 09:22 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

who is doing the hydro on your bottle ?

how long is it taking, and how much did they charge ? wondering if they just send it to a scuba shop , or a gas cylinder shop

if you get some stamping dies.. you can hammer a new date in it, they would never know the diff , but it's better to just get it hydro'd

Quick Reply: 100-150 wet shot with stock fuel system?