Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

1998 toyota supra front clip import?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:02 PM
foursixblurrrr03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SSFenris
Did I miss something? Is the header on this forum "RICERFORUMS"? I guess this is the 'IMPORT TECH' section.

After reading and rereading the alphabet soup above, I say what you need to do is do a body kit in C4 (that's high explosive, btw, not a transmission), and blow it away. K thanks bye.
wow...that seems a bit unnecessary. when exactly did an is300 become "rice?" i must have missed the memo. he's not a troll, he posts in other sections and contributes to the site, why the hell shouldn't he be able to ask a question about an engine swap in pipes boost and juice?

ZOMFG HE POSTED ON A MUSTANG FORUM!!!11!ONE!!! HE DRIVES AN IMPORT!!!111!1!! seriously dude, who cares? if i was going to drop a couple grand on something like that for my car I would want to get a couple opinions from knowledgeable car guys too.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Young_Buck
2nd Gear Member

People like that A$$Hat are the ones who give 'stangers a bad name. We all love automobiles, mustangs are just what we prefer.......what a narrowminded jerk.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:49 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SSFenris
Did I miss something? Is the header on this forum "RICERFORUMS"? I guess this is the 'IMPORT TECH' section.

After reading and rereading the alphabet soup above, I say what you need to do is do a body kit in C4 (that's high explosive, btw, not a transmission), and blow it away. K thanks bye.
What makes it rice? inline 6's are by far a better design than v8's. Nothing wrong with doing the engine swap, he's not asking if he should get a 6" exhaust or double decker spoiler for a car.

The only problem i'd have with it is cost. Granted $2k is a good deal it's still quite a bit of money. I'd say definitely better than buying a new car though & would be faster. If you have the money to spare, i would go for it. That's a very good platform to start with & engine swaps aren't very hard imo providing you have a grinder & welder (for the cars that need it)
Old 09-13-2008, 12:03 AM
2jzBrett
1st Gear Member

haha id say something but you guys have it covered, thanks guys for the back up. ill make love to everyone one of you in due time haha. and no worries my gte is300 will play slap and tickle all over his new edge with an exhaust leak. haha wow that made my night no doubt
Old 09-13-2008, 01:53 AM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

I think that it sounds like a good plan. I hear that those type of swaps are becoming common for many Lexus's.

Oh, and disregard the post above. wtf hmmmmm...wonder why people hate mustang owners.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:29 PM
2jzBrett
1st Gear Member

yeah it is pretty common now adays....since the is300 just starts with the n/a 2jz people kinda figure its really easy to interchange the two....well its kinda lame cuz NOTHING fits right lol. its alot of modifying, but since i bought the front clip it will be alot easier, ALOT easier.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:14 AM
BoostedMKIV

holler if you need some help, man.

It can be a struggle, but if you want it done right, you need to take your time and make sure you get the right parts.

We've built everything from 2jzgte sc300s to 2jz s14s.

Also look at the R154 tranny as opposed to the getrag 6.
Or a BL built auto if you wanna drag race.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 PM
2jzBrett
1st Gear Member

hey thanks alot man, yeah the guys im working with both have built mkiv's so they are quite familiar with the engine itself, although its a first swapping it into something its not supposed to be in. lol but yeah ill hit you up if we hit a snag. its gonna be a while yet, i have a few things i gotta get caught up on here but within the next 6 months we should have a start.