Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

opinions on turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Default opinions on turbo kits

So, I want to boost my car within a year if all goes well, and I was wondering what is the general opinion on the HP Performance turbo kit for a GT? I want a turbo to have the potential to reach huge power numbers, but for now I would only want to be around 400hp, maybe a little less. I do not know too much about the quality of the parts in these kits, and that is where I would like some help. I like this kit because, well it is the cheapest I found, here is the link: http://www.turbochargedpower.com/05-...g%20Single.htm
Also, this kit was brought to my attention too: http://www.turbohorsepower.com/kits.html
Will these be fine for my application?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Fobra
Banned

Its not a bad system, its good quality, but the price hikes for options and the upgraded turbo is bogus. Its a good kit, its just pricey depending upon what all you get.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:32 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

dont forget their customer service is crap from what i have dealt with, i had a guy that i was helping do a turbo kit on then we decided to upgrade the turbo wich required a new set of flanges after about 3 weeks of trying to get a flange it came down to this, they wouldnt refund the money we had to pay for a band new set of flanges, after he paid for them we waited 2 weeks still no flanges he called back they said it was on back order....about 2 weeks later he open the package there is only 1 flange in the box....WTF?!...oh and to say the least...the car still isnt finished!
Old 09-21-2008, 02:07 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by P.S.I.cho
dont forget their customer service is crap from what i have dealt with, i had a guy that i was helping do a turbo kit on then we decided to upgrade the turbo wich required a new set of flanges after about 3 weeks of trying to get a flange it came down to this, they wouldnt refund the money we had to pay for a band new set of flanges, after he paid for them we waited 2 weeks still no flanges he called back they said it was on back order....about 2 weeks later he open the package there is only 1 flange in the box....WTF?!...oh and to say the least...the car still isnt finished!
Which company is this, HP or the other one?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:18 PM
One Bad MOFO
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
Which company is this, HP or the other one?
I'm gonna guess hp. They are decent kits, but the service and company suck. You'll be lucky if you ever get all the parts you are supposed to get.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:38 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by One Bad ****
I'm gonna guess hp. They are decent kits, but the service and company suck. You'll be lucky if you ever get all the parts you are supposed to get.
Well that definitely makes me want to get the other kit then, as I have heard from another member of this forum that their (not HP) service is great.