Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

hiding my nitous system

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 09:49 PM
vipjck

Default hiding my nitous system

i just wanted to know who has some good pictures of how to hide my nitrous.
i was planning of putting a nitrous on my 89' mustang.
i wanted some pictures of how to hide it under the hood and hide th bottle too.
i Have a 1989 hatchback mustang.
i dont want any of my friend know that i have nitrous.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:59 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: hiding my nitous system

just don't let them in your car and don't pop your hood. leave them guessing.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:21 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

compucar has a "nitrous in a bag" its a nitrous bottle in a gym bag. you could also wrap the nitrous lines in electrical tape and put heat shrink tubing over them.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:32 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

under the hood if you do a very clean install, it is possible to make it almost invisible, but to hide a big bottle is a different story, you can get a smaller bottle and get very creative and hide it, or even make a place to hide it, like a fake panel in the trunk. not really worth it, just put the bottle in the trunk open to everyones eyes and dont open the trunk for your competition.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:23 AM
dan
4th Gear Member

eh if u absolutly have to open the trunk then i was thinking maybe you could hollow out the back seat and get a small bottle or maybe like under the seats, or just feed the lines into a gym bag. maybe under the passenger dashboard under above the "feet place"
Old 05-25-2005, 12:31 AM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

why hide it? so you can lie about your mods? make it seem like your car is a factory freak?

my personal opinion- i wouldnt hide it... unless you lose a race on the juice, then it would be good to have it hidden
Old 05-25-2005, 01:03 AM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AtlanticBlue99

why hide it? so you can lie about your mods? make it seem like your car is a factory freak?

my personal opinion- i wouldnt hide it... unless you lose a race on the juice, then it would be good to have it hidden
+1
Old 05-25-2005, 01:37 AM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

Wherever you put it make you get install it with the proper mounting angle.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:15 AM
YinYangStang
2nd Gear Member

hide two small bottles in the spare tire compartment of the trunk, and do what steeda67 said, a clean install into the engine. It's hidden unless people are searching your car for nitrous, in which case, you couldn't hide it anyway.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:50 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Around here when we street race (I know it's bad bla bla bla) we hide kits all the time. Get a 5lb bottle and you will be able to find a place to put it. The gym bag idea worked for along time for me, I have also been known to put a bottle in the door (can't roll that window down very far and it adds to the danger in a T-bone). Up under the dash is a good spot if you have room (like if the heat and A/C are gone. I think on a Stang you might be able to make a compartment in the back seat cusions to hide a 5lb bottle. As for the lines and solinoids. put the solinoids in the fender and run the lines inside a peice of vacume tube. You will fool about 85-90% of the people who look at the car, but don't get caught by the wrong guy, esp. if you race for money. One more thing DO NOT TELL ANYBODY about the spray, not even your best friend, word will get out faster than you can imagine, remember loose lips sink ships.

Quick Reply: hiding my nitous system