Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Installed SLP Loudmouth! Well....sort of?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 02:58 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Default Installed SLP Loudmouth! Well....sort of?

I have a good laugh for you guys! Finally got around to installing my SLP Loudmouth exhaust on my 02' GT tonight. We ran into problem after problem, as I had never done anything like this. I purchased a sawz-all to get the job done, and it was cutting the pipe just fine and all of a sudden it got caught on the inside of the pipe and bent the blade! We straightened it out and ended up bending it several times before grabbing a metal disk grinder and tore the hell out of it. That was just the beginning! I didn't even have some of the right tools to get the job done.

So, we ended up getting one side completed. That's right ONE SIDE. Ran out of time and it was far too late to install the other side, since I have to work in the morning. So I had to drive 50+ miles home with 1 side SLP and 1 side stock. Fantastic work, eh?

All said and done though, it sounds FANTASTIC. It's going to take a bit of getting use to the bass, as when the engine has a load on it when going up a hill the sound is quite loud. I love it though, and can't wait to get the other side put on! Heading straight back to my girlfriends parents house to get it completed right after work tomorrow.

I have tons of pics so far, of the stock pipes and with the combination of the two on the car. It's quite hilarious. I'm going to try and get a sound clip of the mixed exhaust to see how it sounds. Heh, the one SLP side just overpowers the stock side like nothing.

Anyone thinking about getting this exhaust, there is nothing to think about. It's loud when you get on it, and only when pulling a load like on a hill. Normal highway cruising (with stock gears) is perfect, you can hardly tell its not stock besides the nice grumble from the pipes. But when you get on it, or rev it....WHOA.

2 words sums it up.

AbSOLUTELY AMAZING.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:59 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Installed SLP Loudmouth! Well....sort of?

funnah story.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:08 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

haha...nice

did you get the lm I's or the II's?
Old 06-11-2005, 03:20 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

I have the Loudmouth 1's.

Oh man, finally got it all installed tonight. Tightened everything up real nice, and took it for a drive. This setup is CRAZY. The exhaust note is so damn deep and bassy, I've never heard anything like it. I got on it out in the country and just opened it up.

Let me tell ya, it just sounds PISSED OFF !!

My pics I took tonight didn't turn out because of the darkness and I was in a hurry. Will post pics as soon as I get a chance.

SLP Loudmouth !!!!!
Old 06-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Acer2428
Site Mod

w00t, another convert!

Oh, and if you wanna hear pissed off, check out the LMI's.