Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Twin Turbo or Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 11:38 PM
firemedix911
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Twin Turbo or Supercharger

Ok I kind of got the same problem. I was decided for the procharger. I was thinking of using it and when the engine goes out forged the internals and bore it a little bit. That way I had a better engine and the possibility of more boost. Now the other day this same tt set up, called my attention. For a daily driver, wich one Am I going to be able to run giving me the most power while @ the same time reliability. I heard that TT r prone to overheating more than S/C. Don't know pros and cons based on a reliable daily driver.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:03 AM
FiveOhNo
3rd Gear Member

whoa... whoa!! hostility..

I didn't even spell supercharger wrong!
ahhhhh....not YET!!! haha
Old 06-24-2005, 01:59 PM
link1235jeff
2nd Gear Member

lol

check my site
Old 06-24-2005, 02:17 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firemedix911
Ok I kind of got the same problem. I was decided for the procharger. I was thinking of using it and when the engine goes out forged the internals and bore it a little bit. That way I had a better engine and the possibility of more boost. Now the other day this same tt set up, called my attention. For a daily driver, wich one Am I going to be able to run giving me the most power while @ the same time reliability. I heard that TT r prone to overheating more than S/C. Don't know pros and cons based on a reliable daily driver.
You don't need forged internals with either setup. You could run 12psi safely with both. Both are reliable if you keep your oil changed & do the proper startup/shutdown. You'll get quite a bit more power out of the twin turbo at the same reliability & psi. The only way you are going to overheat the turbos is if you get two very small turbos & keep it floored for a LONG time.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Scjar
2nd Gear Member

What all do you need for the TT setup?
Old 06-24-2005, 09:18 PM
Blk_96_GT
2nd Gear Member

lots and lots of $$$$
Old 06-25-2005, 12:07 AM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blk_96_GT

lots and lots of $$$$
I was going to suggest 2 turbos
Old 06-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Scjar
2nd Gear Member

*sigh*

Can anyone give me a real answer?
Old 06-25-2005, 02:20 AM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

TT are capable of making some serious HP - alot more than your stock internals can handle. So step one is to either get forged internals and replace them in your engine or get a shortblock and swap the rest over. This has been said already. Next step is to get a kit and have it installed - something like this: http://modularpowerhouse.com/product...bb214022cbe359 You should also modify the rest of the car to handle that power: suspension, tires, rearend.

So to truly set your car up with TT's you are looking at well over $10,000. If that is not a problem, then God bless and have at it. If that is just a pipe dream, then stop fantasizing and save up for a supercharger.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:14 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

heh.. yeah.. if you really want to do a TT setup, forge your shat. there's really no point in spending all that money on the turbo kit + install if you don't plan on doing anything else to it. if you just plan on keeping the internals stock, then just use a blower. the TT & blower will both let you run the max your shat can take, but the blower would be so much cheaper.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo or Supercharger