Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

nitrous micro switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 AM
WhiteNoise

Default nitrous micro switch

well on fri night i went to homestead speedway for their 1/8th mile drag races for the first time. my first time racing the car since i bought it. well, im running an 100 shot and header back 2.5 inch exhaust no cats.
during the 6 passes that i made i kept having problems with the micro switch metal tang bending, so i wasnt spraying the whole time down the track.
does anyone have any tips on a bracket or where to mount it to where it works 100% of the time? im thinking of getting a tps switch but if i can just fix the micro switch then that would be great.

i have it mounted behind the gas pedal, its adjusted as close to the pedal as i can but i cant get it to hit the button directly. it just hits the extended tang.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:51 AM
Adam90LX

Originally Posted by WhiteNoise
well on fri night i went to homestead speedway for their 1/8th mile drag races for the first time. my first time racing the car since i bought it. well, im running an 100 shot and header back 2.5 inch exhaust no cats.
during the 6 passes that i made i kept having problems with the micro switch metal tang bending, so i wasnt spraying the whole time down the track.
does anyone have any tips on a bracket or where to mount it to where it works 100% of the time? im thinking of getting a tps switch but if i can just fix the micro switch then that would be great.

i have it mounted behind the gas pedal, its adjusted as close to the pedal as i can but i cant get it to hit the button directly. it just hits the extended tang.
I have never seen a wot switch installed behind the gas pedal. When I have to use a wot switch, I always mount the switch so that the throttle body or carburetor linkage activates the switch when in the wide open throttle position.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:03 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Adam90LX
I have never seen a wot switch installed behind the gas pedal. When I have to use a wot switch, I always mount the switch so that the throttle body or carburetor linkage activates the switch when in the wide open throttle position.
+1...mine works off the TB as well. I've never seen this either.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:31 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

have to agree with the others, move it to the tb and see how that goes. never seen anyone put it behind the gas pedal either
Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 AM
antonio1988
4th Gear Member

lol damn dude I tried to run you but you were always in front or behind me... you ran my buddy Jerry with the gray mach 1 a few times I think. Anyways, good running on Friday and nice car!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:52 PM
WhiteNoise

thanks for the help guys. the kit is a dyno tune kit and the instructions say to install it behind the pedal, the only thing is that it says 99 to 04 but it shows the s197 body in the pics. ill relook the mounting for the throttle body.

Originally Posted by antonio1988
lol damn dude I tried to run you but you were always in front or behind me... you ran my buddy Jerry with the gray mach 1 a few times I think. Anyways, good running on Friday and nice car!
sup man, i think your buddy with the mach lied to me, he said he was stock except exhaust and tires but that mach was way quicker than some of those cobras out there and he definetly put a hurting on me. the first time i raced him he was 1 car in front of me and i was spraying. the second run he was like a football field infront of me and my kit didnt engage in third. i even had a good launch. lol i hope i can go to the track more often but i work nights so ill see whens the next time i can make it out
Old 08-11-2009, 08:25 PM
antonio1988
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteNoise
thanks for the help guys. the kit is a dyno tune kit and the instructions say to install it behind the pedal, the only thing is that it says 99 to 04 but it shows the s197 body in the pics. ill relook the mounting for the throttle body.

sup man, i think your buddy with the mach lied to me, he said he was stock except exhaust and tires but that mach was way quicker than some of those cobras out there and he definetly put a hurting on me. the first time i raced him he was 1 car in front of me and i was spraying. the second run he was like a football field infront of me and my kit didnt engage in third. i even had a good launch. lol i hope i can go to the track more often but i work nights so ill see whens the next time i can make it out
He has intake, tune, tires, UCA and LCA, exhaust, and 4.10 gears... I only beat him by about a fender every time... Oh and btw we're both auto so thats why they launch like animals lol