Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

setup pics?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 08:23 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Default setup pics?

wondering if anyone has pics of their setups. im looking for ideas/fitments for mufflers for my 04 GT. car has stock front cats to stock H pipe to magnaflow catback.

i want louder sound out of it so i got some pipe bent up to replace mufflers. but now it sounds too farty and not a good sound, but is loud lol.

i was looking into flowmasters in same 2.5" offset/offset but then thought of some dynomax bullet syle mufflers in a 12" case length and need to set those up in a diagonal because the magnaflows were offset and i dont want to cut and modify the catback pipes and keep everything bolt in bolt out.

so any undercar pics would be great. especially if you had a offset/offset piped setup but put in a "glasspack" like muffler that is straight.

thanks guys!
Old 11-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

your going the wrong way about it. the sound has alot more to it than just the mufflers. you need an aftermarket midpipe. when you cutoff the mufflers and put straight pipes on these cars they sound like ***. get an offroad x pipe and put your magnaflows back on
Old 11-03-2009, 07:32 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frostbitten
your going the wrong way about it. the sound has alot more to it than just the mufflers. you need an aftermarket midpipe. when you cutoff the mufflers and put straight pipes on these cars they sound like ***. get an offroad x pipe and put your magnaflows back on

HA you ain't kidding lol i did the same to my 95 Mark 8 and sounds awesome....there's the 2V vs 4V lol.

i dont have the money to dish out $400 just for a midpipe. ive been looking for some flowmaster 40's or 44's offset/offet and toss them in.

only reason i suggested bullets is they were $21 each from summit lol.

can i assume that IF i do get a midpipe, that all the different makers will bolt up to any kind of catback? ive heard of UPR, PYPES, magnaflow(obvioulsly work) flowmaster etc...
Old 11-03-2009, 08:14 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Any catback and mid pipe that is specifically designed for our cars will bolt up together. Just don't buy a "shorty" mid pipe as it is designed to work with long tube headers only.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
HA you ain't kidding lol i did the same to my 95 Mark 8 and sounds awesome....there's the 2V vs 4V lol.

i dont have the money to dish out $400 just for a midpipe. ive been looking for some flowmaster 40's or 44's offset/offet and toss them in.

only reason i suggested bullets is they were $21 each from summit lol.

can i assume that IF i do get a midpipe, that all the different makers will bolt up to any kind of catback? ive heard of UPR, PYPES, magnaflow(obvioulsly work) flowmaster etc...
The upr x pipe is cheap and sounds awesome. Only $159.99 http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-o...x-pipe-99.html . I had it on my car with flowmaster 2 chambers. I also have a couple vids where you can hear the exhaust. If youve never done a midpipe before, youll be suprised at how much better it sounds and runs. the stock midpipe on these cars is way restrictive
Old 11-05-2009, 07:57 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frostbitten
The upr x pipe is cheap and sounds awesome. Only $159.99 http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-o...x-pipe-99.html . I had it on my car with flowmaster 2 chambers. I also have a couple vids where you can hear the exhaust. If youve never done a midpipe before, youll be suprised at how much better it sounds and runs. the stock midpipe on these cars is way restrictive
could you post those vids? this seems something id like to do. what flows did you have on? i like the sound of 40's or 44's
Old 11-05-2009, 12:48 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

i just looked closer on UPR's website....why do they list a o/r x for 99-03 $20 cheaper than the same catless one for an 04? thought the setup from 99-04 were the same?

also, from that picute it seems id need some lengthy extensions for my rear 02's because they have the holes way back near the X where the stock location is right behing the front cats...
Old 11-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

i just looked closer on UPR's website....why do they list a o/r x for 99-03 $20 cheaper than the same catless one for an 04? thought the setup from 99-04 were the same?

also, from that picute it seems id need some lengthy extensions for my rear 02's because they have the holes way back near the X where the stock location is right behing the front cats...
im not sure why they list a different part number for the x pipe. they both bolt up the same and have the same 02 sensor locations. our cars have 4 oxygen sensors. there are 2 before the cats and 2 after the cats. you wont need any extensions. mine is an 03 and the 03/04 cars are the same as far as that goes. It is aluminized steel, but I had it on my car for about 3 years and it never rusted. heres a couple old vids when i still had it. setup was a vortech s trim with stock manifolds, upr offroad x pipe, and flowmaster american thunder catback. The american thunder comes with 2 chamber 40 series mufflers.... you can really hear the exhaust good at the 3:25 point in the first vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os2I8R80cNI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAXM_...eature=channel

Last edited by Frostbitten; 11-06-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:41 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

that sounds ptrtty good. im looking to get flow 40's for right now. i have stock 2 front cats and stock H pipe to a magnaflow catback, but just going to replace the mufflers. how is the drone in the car with them? i liked the magnaflows because of no drone.

later on down the road ill prob switch to the UPR O/R X and keep the flowmasters.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:56 PM
alexplantman
2nd Gear Member

that sounds ptrtty good. im looking to get flow 40's for right now. i have stock 2 front cats and stock H pipe to a magnaflow catback, but just going to replace the mufflers. how is the drone in the car with them? i liked the magnaflows because of no drone.

later on down the road ill prob switch to the UPR O/R X and keep the flowmasters.
Why are you changing from magnaflows to flowmaster then? I always thought magnaflows were better than flowmaster....

Quick Reply: setup pics?