Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Experience with HSW nitrous kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 12:42 AM
RainsFather
1st Gear Member

Default Experience with HSW nitrous kits

I have been planning on getting a HSW plate nitrous kit for my 07 and have heard good things on the 2005+ forum, but on my local mustang forum I have been told that HSW solenoids are junk and not to use a plate kit for anything less than a 250hp shot. The guy then said that the hsw solenoids are better than dynotune solenoids but not that great, which I find funny since I know two people running dynotune kits for several years, 1-2 bottles a month, and haven't had any problems. Also, I figured since the 3v intake is prone to puddling having the plate setup would help atomize the nitrous/fuel mix. What are any experiences any of you have had with hsw? Should I save the $180 difference between the single nozzle and the plate kit?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:26 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

well you might be asking the question incorrectly

although that kit uses a "plate" it's not a plate kit , no matter what they wanna call it.

i'm assuming your talking this kit... http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/prod...&cat=93&page=1

there is no difference in delivering the nitrous through that plate w/ fuel as opposed to delivering it w/ a nozzle. IMO, your better off squirting dry.. then there is no issue with puddling at all, cuz the fuel gets bumped in the cylinders via the injectors. when people say don't bother with a plate kit unless your going 250+ they are referring to a real plate kit... one that goes under the intake... so the mix flows right into the cylinders.

a dry kit will only squirt nitrous through a single nozzle.

again with my opinion... comparing dynotune to these selonoids is no major feat... i think they are both very low end but doable

good thing is.. you can use anyones selonoids in any kit

but witht hat being said... if your just look to squirt about 100... i'd go dry

this kit... http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/prod...&cat=94&page=1

i don't know much about these kits though, i like NOS and edelbrock dry kits best. zex maybe in third but i don't like that box or the selonoids
Old 11-19-2009, 09:53 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

my Brother ran one on his truck for about 3 years. 04 Silverado 4x4 with a 5.3 and an auto, and with it jetted to 150 shot, and no other changes to his truck except exhaust and a CAI he was pulling high 13's from a 6K pound truck. Kit held up well and is still in one piece, sitting on a shelf waiting a new ride to go into. These guys are local to us and are pretty good guys. my brother accidentally dropped one of the selenoids and dropped a hammer on it. They replaced the selenoid and only charges him their cost for it.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:50 PM
sv650lex
2nd Gear Member

The other good thing about going dry is your stock fuel system provide the fuel. If the sollonoid fails nothing happens. With a wet kit, if your fuel solonoid fails bye-bye motor. The factory fuel systems tend to fail less.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:56 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I like (and run) a dry kit as well when setup and tuned right. More than likely the injectors will have to be changed though.