Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Any problems with S/C's Online

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:39 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Default Any problems with S/C's Online

Whats up guys? Just wanted to know if any of you dealt with S/C's Online. They by far have the lowest price for the S/C that I have decided to buy.. I just need to make sure that this is a complete kit and I was also told that I could possibly run a smaller pulley for more power. What size would you guys reccommend, who sales it and about how much will it cost? I know it's alot of questions but when you spend over 3 grand for a mod ($3,699 to be exact) you need to make sure there want be any surprises/issues right.. S/C is as follows:
  • Compressor matched, computer aided designed and machined Vortech centrifugal supercharger
  • Design allows for supercharger installation and operation without oil lines
  • 3.60” Supercharger Pulley
  • 6 Rib Pulley Retainer Assembly
  • High flow air intake system with a K&N air filter and specially formed polypropylene plastic inlet ducts for minimum restriction and superior fit
  • 255 Walbro Fuel Pump
  • 38lbs Fuel Injectors
  • ECM Chip Package
  • Heat resistant silicone hose coupling
  • Premium grade flex hose
  • Stainless Steel Clamps
  • Carefully designed and flow tested cast aluminum and/or roto molded urethane air Discharge Tubing
  • Compressor By-pass Valve
  • OEM style single cast 356 aluminum Mounting Brackets heat-treated to T-6 specifications for strength
  • Integrated Belt Tensioner
  • Premium Drive Belt
  • Heavy-duty Mounting Hardware
  • Step-by-step, fully illustrated Installation Manual
  • 1-year limited warranty on most systems
  • Superchargers are factory pre-filled with our special synthetic fluid. With these complete systems, three 4 oz. bottles are included for future fluid changes
Thanks and any help would be appreciated..
Old 05-17-2010, 11:05 AM
phillip_w
1st Gear Member

I just bought my brackets from there and had no problems. Everything was separated and labeled very well.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by phillip_w
I just bought my brackets from there and had no problems. Everything was separated and labeled very well.
Thxs for the info. Hopefully I get the same luck..
Old 05-17-2010, 12:16 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

I didnt buy my s/c kit from them, but I will be doing my Vortech SQ trim to T trim upgrade through them. They are the middle man for Vortech for the upgrade, so that says something itself. Good luck!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97stanger
I didnt buy my s/c kit from them, but I will be doing my Vortech SQ trim to T trim upgrade through them. They are the middle man for Vortech for the upgrade, so that says something itself. Good luck!

Yeah that does make since.. What size pulley do you reccomend that I buy (to get the max hp) for that S/C setup?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 AM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

well i was running a 3.12 with front mount, stock heads, pi cams, pi manifold and mph power pipe and was seeing like 12 psi. i have since then changed routes however
Old 05-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

well i was running a 3.12 with front mount, stock heads, pi cams, pi manifold and mph power pipe and was seeing like 12 psi. i have since then changed routes however

Hey thanks for the input. What size do you think I should go with? Also once you change pulley size how much hp/boost does it increase. The S/C that I'm buying claims to have 8-9 psi..
Old 05-18-2010, 04:13 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

it really depends on your setup. every setup will yield differnet boost numbers with different pulleys (boost is just a number which measures restriction on your manifold). So a better flowing motor will yield less boost, which means nothing. For example, my new motor that I'm building will yield less boost than what i was pushing before, but it will flow SO much better so that it will increase in power, but yet show less psi of boost. I think with your setup i would maybe start with a 3.33 pulley, and play with it from there. There really is no way of telling exactly the psi it will push out before putting it on the dyno and seeing. It is general rule of thumb that 1psi= roughly 10rwhp. From my experience, that comes to be pretty close to true.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:34 AM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Not really sure why you insist on spending 1400$ more then you need to... but superchargersonline are a great company, fast shipping, good price, quality parts.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:33 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

it really depends on your setup. every setup will yield differnet boost numbers with different pulleys (boost is just a number which measures restriction on your manifold). So a better flowing motor will yield less boost, which means nothing. For example, my new motor that I'm building will yield less boost than what i was pushing before, but it will flow SO much better so that it will increase in power, but yet show less psi of boost. I think with your setup i would maybe start with a 3.33 pulley, and play with it from there. There really is no way of telling exactly the psi it will push out before putting it on the dyno and seeing. It is general rule of thumb that 1psi= roughly 10rwhp. From my experience, that comes to be pretty close to true.

Hey thanks dude that's some good info to know. How much are you putting down to the rear wheels?

Quick Reply: Any problems with S/C's Online