Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Pipes, Boost & Juice
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!
Sponsored by CARiD
Click Here

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #11
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 mustang gt

slp lm1 with cats sound really good. once you go to a o/r mid-pipe it is pretty loud. if you go with a cats i would say go with slp lm1's, if you want an o/r mid-pipe i would suggest a different cat-back. when i installed my o/r h-pipe and slp lm1's, i would wake up my neighbor when i got home late.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
2004 yellow gt 5pds...bbk l/t headers, o/r h-pipe, flows (dumped) 4.10 gears, accufab t/b & plenum, mhs stage 2 heads, cms stage 3 blower cams, vortech v1 s-trim, afm powerpipe and all supporting mods......

old setup 11.7@114 on a 125shot.....no blower stock heads and vt stage 1 n/a cams
RiCe_KiLlEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #12
S-Trimmed302
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1990 Mustang GT
Send a message via Yahoo to S-Trimmed302

You said you do NOT want anything Obnoxious so that right there Rules out the SLPs.. The Loudmouths with no Cats is Basically Strait Pipes no mufflers all the LM1s are is an Expansion chamber nothing more.They sound VERY good at an Idle but once you hit the throttle they are SOOOO obnoxiously loud your neighbors would hear you coming a mile away NO BS!!
S-Trimmed302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #13
schmallz
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Trimmed302 View Post
You said you do NOT want anything Obnoxious so that right there Rules out the SLPs.. The Loudmouths with no Cats is Basically Strait Pipes no mufflers all the LM1s are is an Expansion chamber nothing more.They sound VERY good at an Idle but once you hit the throttle they are SOOOO obnoxiously loud your neighbors would hear you coming a mile away NO BS!!
The LMIs and LMIIs, yes, but the SLP Power Flows are like sex in your ears.

He can get the resonators, and when he grows up, he can get the power flows and swap em out.
Spectre RAI, 75mmTB, Professional Products Upper and Lower Plenum, SLP Catted X-Pipe, SLP Power Flow

Tuned By JBA Racing

Straight lines are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers.
schmallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #14
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 03 ford mustang gt

i hate the way slp sounds . sounds like a truck with cherry bombs. im selling my off road x pipe and the loud mouth cat back.
scott4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #15
Dr.JZ

Vehicle: 2008 Roush P51A

SLP sounds good on the right car, as it is very raspy and def obnoxious to most...lol. I prefer a chambered muffler like Spintech, Flowmaster, or Mac.....on a 2v, Spintechs sound awesome with an off-road X pipe, and my old 4v Terminator was nasty with a UPR X and Mac 3" mufflers....all personal preference....
2008 Roush P51A, #47 of 151
Brenspeed TVS blower pulley
Comp "Detroit Rocker" cams
Kooks longtubes/x-pipe
Roush off-road exhaust
Custom SCT tuning
540+rwhp on 93
Dr.JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #16
Brighton07GTCS
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Ford, Mustang GT/CS
brighton freeman DeezWalnutz007

i run SSS Terminators (just the axle-back setup) and i'm very pleased with the exhaust sound. its nice and deep, pretty dang loud, but not obnoxious. they were easy to put on, and very affordable.
Member #010

Mods:
-SSS Terminator axle back exhaust
-35% window tint
Brighton07GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: '02 GT

I have lm1s with a catted x. I think it sounds good. Better dumped then when i had the full catback. I think if your looking for a nice muscle car tone though, i'd consider a mac catback with an o/r h.
ddmsgtr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #18
zinsavage123
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 mustang gt
Send a message via Yahoo to zinsavage123

slp sounds dooky imo too raspy and outta tone
Old 08-10-2011, 01:23 AM   #19
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 03 ford mustang gt

i have it on mine also,( the car came with it ) sounds like poop. sounds like im surrounded by a bunch of ricers. sounds ok when your giving it gas, but when you let off the gas i just want to hide. sounds like crap.
bbk shorty headers, offroad x pipe, slp lm catback, bbk coldair intake, 75 mm tb, upper plenum, steeda underdrive pulleys,msd coils, bama tune,alum drive shaft,4.10 gears,moser rearend girdle, steeda short throw shifter, 15x 3.75 racestars and 15x10 racestars with front runners and 295/55r/15 mickey drag radials . cowl hood, Weight is 3142 #. HP id say about 260 to 270 wheel hp. ET spinning all through 1 st with a 1.95 60 ft 8.47 and 83 plus mph.
scott4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:23 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1992, 1st, 2002, 2005, bomb, flow, ford, gear, gt, loudmouth, mustang, power, pype, slp, sss, terminator