Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Pipes, Boost & Juice
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!
Sponsored by CARiD
Click Here

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #11
Dr.JZ

Vehicle: 2008 Roush P51A

In all seriousness...you are right. I never looked at it that way before.....indeed, I do appreciate the info and insight. Guess I just needed someone to help me realize how over-priced and under-powered my P51 really is....in hindsight, I definitely should have gone with something else, rather than simply paying for a name to look and feel cool....sad, I know....but, life goes on.....

OP, go with what JDWalton recommends; or, whatever suits your budget and gives the best bang for the buck....MAC headers should work out just fine on your 3v....as a whole, MAC exhaust quality is probably much improved since the last time I had experience with them...
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
2008 Roush P51A, #47 of 151
Brenspeed TVS blower pulley
Comp "Detroit Rocker" cams
Kooks longtubes/x-pipe
Roush off-road exhaust
Custom SCT tuning
540+rwhp on 93

Last edited by Dr.JZ; 08-17-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: personal
Dr.JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #12
Brighton07GTCS
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Ford, Mustang GT/CS
brighton freeman DeezWalnutz007

i was just checking out AM's website on both the BBK and Kooks long-tubes and catted x-pipe combos. there's really only about a $200 difference between the 2.

just looking between these 2 sets (i've not compared, nor looked at any other website for different brands or combos) the BBK's are ceramic vs the steel Kooks. i've heard that ceramic is definitely better to go with because they'll last longer.

i'm not into buying something just to replace it in a short amount of time. so i guess at this point i just need some more advice on the lifetime of ceramic vs steel.

definitely going with a catted x-pipe as well just to get all of the exhaust work done together. i already have the SSS axle-back setup and only want to get under the car one more time to finish the exhaust out haha.
Member #010

Mods:
-SSS Terminator axle back exhaust
-35% window tint
Brighton07GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #13
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 BOSS 302

I goofed in a previous post and said american racing headers. I meant to say the Pypes are a good header, that clones the Kooks style.
http://www.brenspeed.com/hdr55s.html

I have non coated headers, and while I dont belive there going to fall apart any time soon, there is plenty of rust on it already. My mom went for the ceramic coating and hers still look like new. Both sets are about 2 years old. But that is one of the points where the Kooks shines. They are made with a good quality metal, so even without the coating, they will stay looking good longer then cheaper made non coated headers. But eventualy they will look more used.

The Kooks do out perform the BBK as well. When I got mine, they were considerably cheaper then they are now. The price gap has closed a lot between them.

If I were buying headers right now, I think I personaly would be looking at the pypes from Brenspeed with the catted H pipe.

FWIW, heres what the BBKs look like installed:
Click the image to open in full size.

My Boss Page

2008 Superchaged GT (SOLD)
Dyno Sheet and vids here
My Page Here

Last edited by JDWalton; 08-18-2011 at 11:25 PM.
JDWalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:22 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
axle, back, brand, brands, brenspeed, gain, header, headers, horsepower, long, mustang, mustangs, pypes, set, sss, terminator, tubes