Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

turbo build what do u use for waist gate and bov

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 09:48 AM
superduck352

Default turbo build what do u use for waist gate and bov

ok my names is dustin im not changing my mind i have help with the tuneing of my mustang so im not doing it on my own have a frieand who used to work in dyno shop tuneing have the bace tune and evreything so yeah... that said
i bought a megasquirt stand alone ecu to replace my stock ecu plug and play unit i can adjust evrything from spark to fule to when to turn on cooling fans its cool stuff

i have a gareett t4 75mm turbo with a intercooler rated up to 600hp i asked questens befor and got some nagitive feeback from a troll this is not going to be a kit install yeas i know how to turn a rench vary well and so douse the guys i work with in s.a.t.

car is a 1995 ford mustang gt 5.0 h.o.

i built my ems kit its a megasquirt 2 and added added a mapdaddy 4bar map for up to 44psi of boost for when it goas under boost the fule map will adjust underboost mine also plugs up to stock wireing harnes cause i got it as a kit this is so you understand i know about this system some this is the computer im useing with my mustang

thats only thing i have installed at this time

i was wondering what is a good waistgate to use with a t4 75mm turbo

i was gona use a hks bov but what have yall had good exp with

i was gona use 60lb injecktors but but are they too big also a walbro 255lph fule pump

msd dizzy with ign box and coil and zex spark plugs 750hp rateing 8.5 wires

i am instaling main suport girdle with arp bolts for block and after turbo install il have to save up again for balansed 347 stroker kit stock bore

i was gona do a turbo header kit but desided to make own i have a freiand who will cut me some deals bending pipes and il weld evreything up my self

this is my first turbo build last car was a heads cam lt1 pace seter long tubes trule dual with dynomax bullets sold to frieand got mustang and its slow to me but wont be too long
Old 01-24-2012, 11:08 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

I used a 44mm Tial Gate Real nice stuff but it comes with a price. JGS stuff is also good. hks seems to be all right also. But the tial stuff is really top of the line. Turbo smart seems to be good also.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:28 AM
jojobanks
2nd Gear Member

60lbs will be way too big until you get your bottom end built. You won't be able to push the kind of boost those injectors want to see until you get your engine built. I've never pushed 40lbs so I can't help you on whether the 60s will be big enough or not. For now I would try to just run low boost with somewhere around 30# or so injectors. Honestly I wouldn't have even gotten injectors that big right off the bat, but then I like to be on the safe side and start low boost and work my way up to high boost.

You'll want a bigger fuel pump than a walbro 255 once you get boosting all the way. I'd look into an aeromotive 1000 unit. Since you have the megasquirt adjusting fuel according to the MAP sensor, you can stick with a standard fuel pressure regulator (yes you will want a GOOD fuel pressure regulator with the A1000). You may even want to look into a high-flow fuel rail setup. I'm not sure if the stock fuel rails will give you any flow problems.

tial makes quality wastegates. The HKS blow off valve you have now is good. Is it a vent to atmosphere or does it recirculate? Vent to atmosphere is easier to tune for IMO (and it sounds cool ). With that much money invested into your motor build and turbo setup, I would just go with a tial wastegate. I've had cheaper wastegates break, then you're stuck overboosting and throwing a piston through the side of the block.

Good luck with the build!! sounds like it'll be a beast
Old 01-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

Better change that engine block if you want to come close to the numbers your parts are rated for. Stock block won't last you much past 500 horses.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:11 PM
superduck352

was only planing on 450 to 500 on stock block also what block would u think is a good block to use?
Old 01-24-2012, 04:13 PM
superduck352

Originally Posted by jojobanks
60lbs will be way too big until you get your bottom end built. You won't be able to push the kind of boost those injectors want to see until you get your engine built. I've never pushed 40lbs so I can't help you on whether the 60s will be big enough or not. For now I would try to just run low boost with somewhere around 30# or so injectors. Honestly I wouldn't have even gotten injectors that big right off the bat, but then I like to be on the safe side and start low boost and work my way up to high boost.

You'll want a bigger fuel pump than a walbro 255 once you get boosting all the way. I'd look into an aeromotive 1000 unit. Since you have the megasquirt adjusting fuel according to the MAP sensor, you can stick with a standard fuel pressure regulator (yes you will want a GOOD fuel pressure regulator with the A1000). You may even want to look into a high-flow fuel rail setup. I'm not sure if the stock fuel rails will give you any flow problems.

tial makes quality wastegates. The HKS blow off valve you have now is good. Is it a vent to atmosphere or does it recirculate? Vent to atmosphere is easier to tune for IMO (and it sounds cool ). With that much money invested into your motor build and turbo setup, I would just go with a tial wastegate. I've had cheaper wastegates break, then you're stuck overboosting and throwing a piston through the side of the block.

Good luck with the build!! sounds like it'll be a beast
thank you vary much for you words of wisdom
Old 01-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

There are many blocks that may work. Depending on your price range, but pretty much any aftermarket block is stronger than the stock ford block. DSS is popular but I prefer DART.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:18 PM
superduck352

il reserch them also for an update i just got some cheep heads they are 1970 ford 302 heads that are ported intake and exhaust side with biger valves as they said but i DEFENITLY KNOW THEY ARE PORTED i compared a exstra set of e7 heads i got and the ports are so much biger on both ends may sound suped me talkin like this but i got them dirt cheep paid 100 bucks and i know there good heads came off a runing 289 that was blueprinted block guy used it for mud raceing next questen is trick flow stage 2 cam turbo frieandly?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:26 PM
jojobanks
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by superduck352
il reserch them also for an update i just got some cheep heads they are 1970 ford 302 heads that are ported intake and exhaust side with biger valves as they said but i DEFENITLY KNOW THEY ARE PORTED i compared a exstra set of e7 heads i got and the ports are so much biger on both ends may sound suped me talkin like this but i got them dirt cheep paid 100 bucks and i know there good heads came off a runing 289 that was blueprinted block guy used it for mud raceing next questen is trick flow stage 2 cam turbo frieandly?
did you get a flow chart with them? Buying a set of ported heads without a good flow chart is risky business. What if different cyls are getting more flow than the others? It's a hard thing to get right.

Generally good cams for forced induction will have a lot of duration. You don't really need a lot of lift. Not sure what a stage 2 cam is for trick flow. Do you have a part #?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:35 PM
superduck352

Originally Posted by jojobanks
did you get a flow chart with them? Buying a set of ported heads without a good flow chart is risky business. What if different cyls are getting more flow than the others? It's a hard thing to get right.

Generally good cams for forced induction will have a lot of duration. You don't really need a lot of lift. Not sure what a stage 2 cam is for trick flow. Do you have a part #?
if im right the lift for trickflow stage 2 cam is 224/232 542 please tell me if i am rong but i think thats the right stat and to the heads i took a good look and compared them to a set of e7 heads there is a lip in the e7 on the inside of theon the exhaust on the heads i got there is no lip and smouth as heck and the intake side looks lil biger then the e7 but almost barly can tell and also vary smouth other then that they are the same also no i didnt git a chart sadly i used to own the the truck the engine was in but with dif heads iv never seen the heads in use the trucks short block had a .60 bore but other then that i dont i no longer own the 289 that the heads went to so yeah

Quick Reply: turbo build what do u use for waist gate and bov