Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Need a recommendation on headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 05:40 PM
10silverstang
1st Gear Member

Default Need a recommendation on headers

Hey what's up everyone? I'm looking into the possibility of buying headers for my mustang. I'm thinking of getting them from American Muscle since they are reasonable and have low prices. But my question is, can someone give me some input on which ones I should get? Which will give me the most bang for my buck? Let me know what you guys have. I just want some honest opinions on the subject please. Also, if there is a cheaper website that is well respected like American Muscle then let me know as well. But, I'm looking to staying faithful to AM since they're who I always purchase from.

Here is my vehicle info : 2010 Mustang v6 with Ford Racing True Dual Exhaust conversion kit, and also I have the JLT Cold Air Intake with SF3 Tuner.

Please let me know guys and girls, thanks it is much appreciated
Old 04-09-2012, 03:19 PM
CrzyHrs
2nd Gear Member

I just put a set of Kooks long tubes on my 5.0 and it was a PITA (pain in the a**). I had to drop both motor mounts, had to pull the starter, and had to remove the steering rod from the column. The instructions were **** poor, they said the headers had to be installed from the bottom but we had to put the driver side header in from the top because it was such a tight fit. I'm not sure the difference in the room between the V8 and V6 but be prepared for a LONG weekend if you do it yourself.