Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Before I buy...Turbo/s

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Gen

Default Before I buy...Turbo/s

I'm just split on which to go and just need a push I guess. Did a lot of searching the net and seems (from what I gather) they are equal on a 8cylinder engine...with spooling and horse power making and it all depends on your engine set up. I am almost sure about going with a 76mm single set up. Thought about doing a twin 57mm or 61mm for a long time all for the neater appearance - not looking at all the pipes and a big single, "faster spool" (found that a single can spool just as fast), smoother flow of exhaust gases and incoming air, and the exhaust does not cross under the transmission, and its different.
Then again the price for a single is much better, if ever wanted to / or needed to change it out there would be no need to pull the bumper, and one of everything. I just don't want to end up thinking afterwards that I should have picked the other.

The Mustang plans are to make 750 rwh in a 2001 Mustang 4.6SOHC 5 speed, but not at this time. New short block next year or the year after...depending how the money flow is then. My Mustang will only see the track maybe 3 times a year and is just a sunny weather car - convertible. The car already has stage 3 heads and cams, full exhaust (I know the L/T and the mid pipe will need to go), UPR k member kit, coil overs all around, 3.73s with 31 spline axles, subframes, UPR upper and lower rear control arms, Centerforce clutch, billet flywheel, etc etc. The intake is coming in this week a Edelbrock with the 6061 plenum and a Accufab 75mm t/b. Any opinions or experiences would be great to hear!