Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

can I use a S/C from a Cobra on my GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 06:05 PM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

Default can I use a S/C from a Cobra on my GT

So I want to know if anyone out there has put a twin screw super charger off a Cobra on a GT motor? I want to supercharge my Mustang GT and was thinking the twin screw would nice way to get a little more hp and tq out of my mustang. I am having no problem finding take off chargers from 03-04 Cobra's and 07+ GT500's for really good prices but didn't know if there is a way to make them fit the 4.6L 2V heads.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Yes you can but it may cost you a pretty penny. Not sure about your car but I know for the New Edge GT'S you'll have to buy the Tork Tech Adapter, which (if I'm not mistaken) cost's 2100 bucks. My Vortech (intercooled) cost $2,170 bucks..just something to think about.. GL!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:33 PM
mfournier

Unless you already own the sc from the cobra your better off getting a sc kit for a 4.6l as it is more then just making it fit you need to get more fuel and the a tune by the time your done you could have just bougt a sc kit that included every thing and is designed for your car
Old 06-09-2012, 08:04 AM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

soldier gt did you part together that kit to get it for only $2,170 or did you buy it used? mfournier I already own a sct tuner which will need to be changed no matter what s/c I go with. I have also found a couple saleen s/c from time to time and I know that will bolt up with my PI swap. one of reasons I want to get a twin screw is I want to get rid of the plastic intake manifold at the same time.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TimmyGt
soldier gt did you part together that kit to get it for only $2,170 or did you buy it used? mfournier I already own a sct tuner which will need to be changed no matter what s/c I go with. I have also found a couple saleen s/c from time to time and I know that will bolt up with my PI swap. one of reasons I want to get a twin screw is I want to get rid of the plastic intake manifold at the same time.

I pieced mines together. I see know that it is cheaper that way....
Old 06-09-2012, 02:59 PM
mfournier

Ok well in that case you Got a project on your hands what year cobra did it come from was it a 5.4L
Old 06-11-2012, 07:22 AM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

well it would be out my buddies 03' cobra. he hasn't put the aftermarket one on yet so it is still in his car. he was going to give it to me for really cheap if it would fit but I'm not sure if they make a intake and all the other parts that would make that s/c fit on my GT heads. I am tempted to hold out and get the kenne bell s/c I wanted but its around $5k+
Old 06-11-2012, 09:13 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Go check out tork tech of I were you and there should be some info on swapping that blower on there. But like soldier said its probably not gonna be cheap. And I pieced my vortech together for 2200 so you could get a vortech for cheap
Old 06-21-2012, 08:42 AM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

can you get more power out of a twin screw or a centrifugal supercharger? also where are y'all finding the best place to pick up your head units from when you put together a kit?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TimmyGt
can you get more power out of a twin screw or a centrifugal supercharger? also where are y'all finding the best place to pick up your head units from when you put together a kit?
Hey man I posted this thread about 2 yrs ago.. This is where I bought all of my stuff and the cost. The intercooler from CX raxing is a very good kit. If you decide to buy one though buy it off ebay. Let me know if you need anything else.. Pls see below..

Vortech V1 T-Trim Head unit-700.00---- SVT Forums
Anderson Power Pipe--150.00---Corral.net
3.48 pulley--40.00---Corral.net
Tial Bov---220.00--JDsperformance

CX Rcing Intercooler (Complete kit)--210.00-- CX Racing (Ebay)
Seimens 42lb injectors--210.00--CorraL.net
HPX 05 Slot Maf--175.00--Kerns found this one for me..
Vortech mounting bracket--50.00-- Classified section of MF
Vortech mounting bracket hardware kit--95.00--superchargersonline
Oil Feed line--24.00--Vortech
Oil Feed Drain--24.00-- Vortech
SVT Fuel Pump-95.00-Classified section of MF
S/C belt--36.00---Summit Racing
NGK TR6 Plus--26.00---Auto Zone
Vortech Rib metal idler pulley ( 2.60", 6 rib)+Vortech 6 Rib Smooth Plastic Pulley (3"Lip)---85.00---JDsperformance
Stock Pulleys--30.00--- Corral.net

Total Cost: $2170.00

Didn't quite reach the $1500.00 Supercharger build but I think I did pretty good. Could have even been cheaper if I hadn't bought the Power Pipe, Tial Bov and went with smaller injectors. Any questions guys let me know..

Soldier GT

Quick Reply: can I use a S/C from a Cobra on my GT