Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

2013 Mustang GT With Borla Atak Catback Making Noises.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:12 PM
helloWorld

Default 2013 Mustang GT With Borla Atak Catback Making Noises.

I purchased the Borla Atak Catback for my 2013 Mustang GT and I had it installed at a place that does custom exhaust work.

I have been driving around and I have noticed that my car will intermittently squeak now. It has never been doing this before the exhaust installation. It is a high pitched squeak, a noise that metal would seem to make. From a cold start, there is no squeaking, but after driving a few miles and letting it warm up, oh boy, does the intermittent squeaking start. I will also notice that when stopped at like a light or a stop sign, I will hear a rubbing sound from the front of the car whenever I accelerate again, sort of like something is shifting around underneath. This sound also occurs whenever I am at a low rate of speed and doing some light acceleration, like navigating around a parking lot.

Anyways, I took it back to the installation place, gave their tech a ride and he heard the same things I am telling you in this post. He put my car on the lift and the both of us proceeded to inspect the catback exhaust and the suspension. He was basically pulling with some good force and moderately hanging off some of the suspension parts, and he could NOT reproduce the squeaking noise. He still decided that he would re-tighten everything that holds the catback in place. We looked at the hangars, and they could not possibly be rubbing on anything.

What do you guys think it is? Please help, it is embarrassing to have such a nice vehicle (in my opinion) and having it squeaking and making noises when driving around.