Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Pipes, Boost & Juice
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!
Sponsored by CARiD
Click Here

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #121
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang V6 Convertible

Gotcha, I only drive to work today which is less than 3 miles away. I idle at around 20 in hg and I only saw about 3psi of boost lol. Hopefully I'll be able to get some highway time later today or tomorrow.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Appearance: Roush Spoiler, 20" Shelby Redlines, Gen5 Tails

Mechanical: Dimpled & Slotted,Livewires,ProCharger w/3.40 pulley,Mac LTs,Prochamber,8.8" w/3.73s,J&M Adj Panhard & UCA,J&M LCAs,Koni Yellows w/Vogtlands, Takeoff Sways & Mufflers

Audio: Kenwood DNX9990HD,Hertz Hi Energy Speakers,CVT 8s,TypeR 12s, RF Power 1000 5ch

Topless Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #122
The01Cav
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang Pony

I know the thread is old, just wanting some updates of peoples setups. I am considering doing this to my 09 over the winter and into the spring. Just getting some ideas of things.
Borla Touring Catback, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Catted X-Pipe, JLT Intake, SCT X4 93 Tune, Eibach Sportlines, 15% Tint, Roush 3pc Spoiler, 3dCarbon Blackout panel, 3dCarbon 4pc Pony Kit, Kaenen 3" Cowl Hood, Painted Mirror Caps, Sequential Tails, Boss 338 Wheels, Federal 595EVO Tires

Mods waiting to be installed. BBK 70MM Throttlebody
The01Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:15 AM   #123
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 V6 Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by The01Cav View Post
I know the thread is old, just wanting some updates of peoples setups. I am considering doing this to my 09 over the winter and into the spring. Just getting some ideas of things.
I'm still hanging around :-)

And I still have the car and logged over 40,000 miles on the ProCharger. Overall I'm happy with it. No noteworthy complaints.

It was a snail to start with and now it's a faster snail. :-)

If you're going to get a blower just make sure you upgrade the rear end to and 8.8 or put a t-lok in the stock one, which is what I did.

ProCharger Stage II - Pro Dyno tuned

Last edited by kzonts; 10-23-2014 at 05:22 AM.
kzonts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #124
The01Cav
2nd Gear Member

I was planning the following.

kooks long tube headers
Kooks catted x-pipe,
Borla touring catback
4" aluminum driveshaft
8.8 with 4.10 gears
3000-3200 stall tq converter
Procharger stage II
Borla Touring Catback, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Catted X-Pipe, JLT Intake, SCT X4 93 Tune, Eibach Sportlines, 15% Tint, Roush 3pc Spoiler, 3dCarbon Blackout panel, 3dCarbon 4pc Pony Kit, Kaenen 3" Cowl Hood, Painted Mirror Caps, Sequential Tails, Boss 338 Wheels, Federal 595EVO Tires

Old 10-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #125
The01Cav
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzonts View Post
I'm still hanging around :-)

And I still have the car and logged over 40,000 miles on the ProCharger. Overall I'm happy with it. No noteworthy complaints.

It was a snail to start with and now it's a faster snail. :-)

If you're going to get a blower just make sure you upgrade the rear end to and 8.8 or put a t-lok in the stock one, which is what I did.
But in all reality at the end of the day were you happy with the purchase? I am trying to decide if it's going to be worth my while or if i'm wasting my time on the 4.0?

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #126
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The01Cav View Post
But in all reality at the end of the day were you happy with the purchase? I am trying to decide if it's going to be worth my while or if i'm wasting my time on the 4.0?

Click the image to open in full size.
Looks like you have a really nice car, but in all honesty I wouldn't do it again. I did it because I already had some money into the car with the dual exhaust and 3.73 gears. If you want power go with a V8 and build on that. But please don't base your decision on my input. From the looks of your car you already have a lot invested and I'm sure it will be hard to part with it.

Last edited by kzonts; 10-23-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #127
The01Cav
2nd Gear Member

Yeah it's tough to let it go, I have a pic of it with the wife and I at our wedding. Kind of becoming a member of the family. I feel at this point if I have already went this far whats the difference going that much further? lol We will see how it goes, I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:09 PM   #128
kzonts
5th Gear Member

I hear ya buddy. With a stock pulley you're looking at an additional ~100whp which certainly increases the fun factor. And with the headers I'm guessing another 10-15. All that with the 4.10 gears will really add some pop! Enjoy the build!

Last edited by kzonts; 10-23-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #129
The01Cav
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, I might see about getting a 12psi pulley. Kooks claims 25-30Hp with their long tube headers. We will see how it goes..

Thanks again!

Old 10-23-2014, 08:38 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement