Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Pipes, Boost & Juice
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!
Sponsored by CARiD
Click Here

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
grahamgt

Vehicle: 1999 gt
Default 92 5.0 turbo or supercharger

IF the motor is built what is better to have a turbo or supercharger. Which makes more power and has less limits and which one is more fun to drive. For whatever choice what are the best kits.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
grahamgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1995 mustang GT
ItsUrFuneral

What do you like better, Apples or Oranges? In theory. Turbos are more effecent because they use waste gas to spin the turbo apposed to the parasitic loss of the belt drive on a SC. Let the debate begin.
ENGINE363 fully forged dart engine on the way with more spray!TRANNY C4 with trans brake, 3800 stall, 9in. raceconverter, hurst shifter REAR Moser 35 spline kit with spool, FRPP 3.73 gearsSUSPENION UPR pro street Uppers & lower control arms, Strange 10 way dampers, coilovers up front, BBK sub frame connectors, UPR Tube K-member & A-arms10.57@123.9 (OLD 5.0)
2011 CamaroSS 12.34@110.92

bluebeastsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
Nyke
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang

Oh man this has been argued and debated over for years.

If you want fast off the line performance then you go with a root style type blower. They give you good torque.

If you want decent overall performance then centrifugal blower (Vortec, ProCharger). This is the balance between the two.

If you want good mid range and narley high end then go turbo. Tends to be the most efficient but can suffer from lower torque but generates more horsepower.

Now granted there are many different setups out there but this is a overall glance at what these things are mostly used for.

Real world street situations I would go with a procharger. But that is just me.
Nyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
UPRSharad
Banned

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang GT
www.facebook.com/sraldiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamgt View Post
IF the motor is built what is better to have a turbo or supercharger. Which makes more power and has less limits and which one is more fun to drive. For whatever choice what are the best kits.
IMO, centrifugal blowers are more reliable. ATI ProCharger is my go to power adder.
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 89 mustang

Not this pissing match again. both are great but I like the turbo over any S/C any day. but thats me. Yes I have had both.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 95 mustang gt

i prefer the turbo route....maybe we should have a poll on this once and for all..lol
4:10 eaton/moser rearend
upr front suspension
strange adjustable shocks/struts-battery in trunk
driveshaft loop - subframe connectors
10pt. chrome moly cage- rear seat delete-ultra lite gauges
wolfe rear suspension-torque boxes welded
400 turbo trans rev. man valve body trans brake
408 C.I.TURBO ENGINE
DART-CALLIES-OLIVER-ARP-MANLEY-SOLID CAM
95 BLOWN GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
NickP87

Vehicle: '86 Mustang GT

I've had turbo, but not SC setups. I've researched SC setups & the things that kept me away from SC are:
-Belt slippage.
-You have to change the pulley to change the boost.

Pro:
-You don't have to get special exhaust manifolds/rework the exhaust for a SC.

Turbo Cons:
-You do have to get turbo manifolds or turn your manifolds around to hook up to the exhaust side of the turbo.

Turbo Pro:
-You can easily increase/decrease the boost with a boost controller.
-A lot more sizing options. With some research you can find the perfect turbo to match up with the displacement of your motor & your power goals.
NickP87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #8
89blackonblack
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1989 mustang

there is no correct answer to this question.im pretty sure thats why u didnt get many responses. no right or wrong answer. i have a centrif. supercharger but im a big fan turbos depends what u plan on doing with the car. i like my setup because the car runs and drives perfectly normal, makes no boost, puts no strain on the motor 90 percent of the time driving around when your not into the throttle and just running off vaccum and not into boost. then you put youre foot into it and watch the boost gauge climb as you get planted into your seat. and good kits whether turbo or blower are both expensive
3:73's,ford racing gt40 crate motor, gt40 aluminum heads, e303 cam, trickflow street heat intake,80mm tb & mass air, ford racing shorty headers,42 lb injectors, tko600 trans, zoom clutch/flywheel, 5lug conversion with cobra calipers adn bear drilled slotted rotors, yukon axles, 275/35/18 bf goodrich drag radials, vortech supercharger with aftercooler, 9lbs of boost, and much much more, mildly tuned to 419rwhp
89blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:11 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement