Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Bassani observation report

Old 12-09-2012, 01:10 PM
jasontrucks76

Default Bassani observation report

Hey guys~

I posted last week that I had ordered a set of Bassani axle backs and I got them installed last night on my 09 GT. My observation on install is they were a real snap to put on... I started with the passenger side and had it completed in about 30 to 45 minutes. The only reason it took a little while on that side is I had to adjust the hanger for a centered fitment and I had to remove the muffler twice to get it perfectly adjusted.... Im kinda particular that way.
The drivers side was a little more of a chore to remove the existing piping because the clamp that the previous owner installed was over tightened and crushed the pipe a little so I had to cut it off in pieces. However, once that was done the install was a piece of cake! I was able to get a perfectly centered install in about 15 minutes.

Now for the fit and finish... Over all impression is very well put together and seems to be a good quality product. The stainless steel rolled tip look pretty sweet and the factory welding is top notch.

As far as sound, WOW! at idle I have a great low rumble that is pretty quiet with no popping at all. For normal driving I have a low V8 rumble that would get any car guys attention as I drive by At WOT she screems with a great thunderous sound that would **** off any neighbor off as I went by

So, that is my first response after installing last night. I am in no way connected to anything selling products. Just a fellow FM'rs opinion for the benefit of others.

Have a great day guys~

Last edited by jasontrucks76; 12-09-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling