Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Advice on exhaust set up I'm putting in my 06 GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Saleen414

Question Advice on exhaust set up I'm putting in my 06 GT

Hello all,

I am planning on getting some kooks long tube headers with kooks off road shorty x-pipe and some Flowmaster Outlaws catbacks. My question is if anyone knows how loud my car would sound with this set up. I want it to sound loud but I don't want it to be too excessively loud. If any one has this set up or something similar if you can be kind and link me a video so I can hear how it sounds. This is the only thing holding me back from buying this set up so if someone knows please let me know or show me a video so I can hear how it sounds.

Thank you
Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 PM
bigsols05blackwidow
1st Gear Member

In the videos below, I have Pypes long tube headers, Pypes off-road x-pipe and Flowmaster American Thunder axlebacks. I like the sound, not too loud, not too quiet.
Personally, i'm looking for a more mellow tone, like magnaflows.

In the video below, I have Pypes long tube headers, Pypes off-road x-pipe and some custom muffler deletes. Keep in mind that this set-up is ridiculously loud, i just wanted to give you an example of the sound difference in the 2 set-ups.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Saleen414

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bigsols05blackwidow
In the videos below, I have Pypes long tube headers, Pypes off-road x-pipe and Flowmaster American Thunder axlebacks. I like the sound, not too loud, not too quiet.
Personally, i'm looking for a more mellow tone, like magnaflows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4uvJIfLAvA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDFmtFsWz4k

In the video below, I have Pypes long tube headers, Pypes off-road x-pipe and some custom muffler deletes. Keep in mind that this set-up is ridiculously loud, i just wanted to give you an example of the sound difference in the 2 set-ups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o3JJhOmgRE
Thanks for the videos man. I'm not a big fan of the American thunders that's why I'm trying to see about the outlaws because apparently they are really nice.. I actually like the way the car sounded with the muffler deletes.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:58 PM
bigsols05blackwidow
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Saleen414
Thanks for the videos man. I'm not a big fan of the American thunders that's why I'm trying to see about the outlaws because apparently they are really nice.. I actually like the way the car sounded with the muffler deletes.
I hear ya, man. And I loved the sound of the muffler deletes, but it was just wayy too loud. It's cool at first, but not after dodging every cop on the way to and from work. lol
Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Saleen414

Originally Posted by bigsols05blackwidow
I hear ya, man. And I loved the sound of the muffler deletes, but it was just wayy too loud. It's cool at first, but not after dodging every cop on the way to and from work. lol
Lmao I agree there. That is why I'm looking to see if anyone has the set up I have to get an idea of how it might sound. In 3 weeks I'll be ordering the kooks LT headers and the O/R x-pipe with the flowmaster outlaws so when I finally get it and hook it up I'll put up a video on how it sounds and I'll tell u what I think about it lolz.