Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Nitrous on DD??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 10:23 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

just do it, you'll never look back

no regrets cuz, if you decide to sell later....you sell a $600 kit for $550 with an empty tank

no loss

anyways, with 100 jets you'll see see 10 FULL passes on a bottle, partial passes you'll really make it last. after 10 passes you'll have about 3 lbs left....you'll see 600 psi on the gauge, and itll take 7 to top it off. so its not $50 a fill at $5/lb, its really $35 cuz you never empty it, you use 7 lbs at a time if you keep it heated
Old 04-12-2013, 10:24 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jtgerik
I'm not a fan of Nitrous..
when you had it on your car....what EXACTLY didnt you like ???
Old 04-13-2013, 12:57 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

I'm not a fan of Nitrous.. that being said, in certain applications it has it's use. Namely track beasts, already built to the gills <For Nitrous Application> looking to squeak out that last -1 sec/10mph.. etc. They do offer big gains for a lower price initially.. but over time, repeated use they will in the long run cost you $$ aside filling the jug, even properly spec'd kits still push the limits of stock internals, they simply were not designed to handle that sort of abuse. In so far as a Daily Driver goes, Superchargers are the most reliable power adder with stock components. turbos being a close second. They are costly upfront. but properly installed either can be virtually bulletproof. Offer a consistent power increase, <see go fast happy smiles every time you stomp on it, without worrying about an EXTRA $4/lbs> can even increase efficiency when not moshed constantly and correctly tuned. My two cents, save your pennies, pick a SC/Turbo set up you like, and ultimately you'll be far more happier.
I must say so much silliness for just two sense is quite the bargain.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:12 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

In so far as a Daily Driver goes, Superchargers are the most reliable power adder with stock components. turbos being a close second.
so if im reading you correct....what your saying is this

increasing chamber pressure ALL the time is much easier on a car than increasing the chamber pressure for 12 seconds at a time, 20 or 30 times a year. not the entire time your driving it.... ????

did i get that right ? please explain

also the octane part.

on a blower/turbo car running 94 all the time, at 30 cents a gallon more than my 87 that i run in my nitrous car...... do you buy bulk to offset the cost ?

on a final note..... how many miles is a head unit good for these days ? and whats the rebuild cost ? on a daily driver, if you have to rebuild every 30-40k miles...that could be every 2 years. pretty sure your looking at $500-$800/pop

how does this budget in ????

ok im ready to be skooled, hit me !!!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:22 PM
nola504boy
2nd Gear Member

I say go for it. I had it and loved it. I will be buying another zex kit this summer.