Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

blow off valve on s/c

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 09:40 PM
catchds
1st Gear Member

Default blow off valve on s/c

I HAVE A POWERDYNE S/C AND ITS MAKES 8 PSI I WAS WONDERING CAN I PUT SOME KIND OF BLOW OFF VAULVE ON IT ANY KIND AT ALL? ALSO I HAVE AN AUTOMATIC WITH 4:10 HOW GOOD WOULD IT DO ME TO GET A TORQUE CONVERTER? HOW MUCH WOULD I LOOSE IN MY TIME?

97GT CONVERTABLE/AUTOMATIC
4:10 GEARS
POWERDYNE S/C 8PSI
DEIOBLO CHIP
13.9 WITH 2.078 60FT AT 97MPH(NO TUNE/ NO EXHAUST/ ON USED STREET TIRES)
Old 10-05-2005, 11:22 PM
ScreamingYellow
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: blow off valve on s/c

You can put a BOV on any kind of turbine forced induction(Not sure about screw types, etc). It won't help performance but should help release the unnecesary pressure from the turbine. Also, unless you can somehow tune for the change in airflow to the engine when it releases the pressure you have a good chance of shooting flames out of your exhaust from an extremely rich condition.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:35 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i wouldn't mind a new bypass valve for my vortech. it makes a nice little PSHT noise that i wouldn't mind being louder.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:14 AM
4.6MikeMustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ScreamingYellow

You can put a BOV on any kind of turbine forced induction(Not sure about screw types, etc). It won't help performance but should help release the unnecesary pressure from the turbine. Also, unless you can somehow tune for the change in airflow to the engine when it releases the pressure you have a good chance of shooting flames out of your exhaust from an extremely rich condition.
blow off valves DO increase performance under the right conditions, if you had a bad or worn or just too small of a bov, you would cause surging within the compressor of a turbo or supercharger, im using a bov on my supercharger because i needed it, the stock one the super charger kit came with just was'nt good enough once i upped the boost, but depending on where you maf is (draw through or blow through). If you have a blow through such as most procharger kits you can vent the bov into the atmosphere, but if you are draw through like i am it is necessary to have the bov recirculating, but you can buy an aftermakret blow off that sounds cool to you and put that air recirculating back into the flow..
Old 10-07-2005, 06:26 AM
02StanGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: catchds

I HAVE A POWERDYNE S/C AND ITS MAKES 8 PSI I WAS WONDERING CAN I PUT SOME KIND OF BLOW OFF VAULVE ON IT ANY KIND AT ALL? ALSO I HAVE AN AUTOMATIC WITH 4:10 HOW GOOD WOULD IT DO ME TO GET A TORQUE CONVERTER? HOW MUCH WOULD I LOOSE IN MY TIME?

POWERDYNE S/C 8PSI
DEIOBLO CHIP
I see in your sig you don't have a tune. Don't you think you might need one? Or does your car run just fine?
Old 10-07-2005, 08:21 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 02StanGT

POWERDYNE S/C 8PSI
DEIOBLO CHIP
I see in your sig you don't have a tune. Don't you think you might need one? Or does your car run just fine?
nice catch. running untuned is a nono. running untuned with a POWERDYNE can't be any better.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:26 PM
catchds
1st Gear Member

I FOUND THAT THEY MAKE ALL KINDS OF BOVS THAT ARE UNIVERSAL AND WILL TAKE THE PLACS OF MY BYPASS VALVE AND WONT MAKE MY CAR RUNNING FUNNY AT IDLE. THE ONE I AM GETTING IS MADE BY HKS SSQV SUPER SEUQCHAL BLOW OFF VALVE AND IS ONLY ABOUT 150$

POWERDYNE S/C
DEOBLO CHIP(NOT TUNNED)
AUTOMATIC
Old 10-15-2005, 02:47 AM
Pierceman123
2nd Gear Member

1st off: why are u yelling at us, lol. thats what caps are for. anyways. how is ur car running good without a tune is what i would like to know
Old 10-15-2005, 11:38 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

me too, pierce. i don't give that car very much time. i'm more impressed by the fact he's running a powerdyne. have you had any problems with it yet?
Old 10-15-2005, 03:16 PM
matthockey32
I ♥ Acer

I FOUND THAT THEY MAKE ALL KINDS OF BOVS THAT ARE UNIVERSAL AND WILL TAKE THE PLACS OF MY BYPASS VALVE AND WONT MAKE MY CAR RUNNING FUNNY AT IDLE. THE ONE I AM GETTING IS MADE BY HKS SSQV SUPER SEUQCHAL BLOW OFF VALVE AND IS ONLY ABOUT 150$

POWERDYNE S/C
DEOBLO CHIP(NOT TUNNED)
AUTOMATIC
that is a loud BOV. sounds cool though

Quick Reply: blow off valve on s/c