Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

2014 Roush Supercharger

Old 06-07-2014, 05:26 PM
nosyaj

Default 2014 Roush Supercharger

Hello guys and gals,

I've been lurking the forums for a few months now to just see what's up with the current model mustang and what people are doing with their cars. I am going to be purchasing a 2014 Mustang GT in 1 month and plan on taking it to Brenspeed for the Roush supercharger install as well as slapping on the Roush axle back exhaust.

I just wanted to see if anyone has had the Roush supercharger put on the current model stanger and if they have had any problems with the stock tune that comes from Roush.

As far as the Roush supercharger as a whole...how much will the stock boost effect the longevity of the car itself (assuming I drive relatively conservative, take it to the strip a few times, zero track)?

I do not plan to add anything performance wise to the car until maybe after the warranty expires but even then I will probably keep it the same.

Another question that will probably sound stupid, but how will the stock clutch be able to handle the boost or is this a mod I should look at doing as soon as possible?

Thanks for any and all feedback! I cannot wait to join the Mustang community =]]

-Jayson
Old 06-22-2014, 02:40 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

You will be very happy. The Roush unit is at OEM like quality. The tune is very conservative from Roush. VMP and Ortiz Performance both have good quality tunes for that blower kit if you want something a little more aggressive.

Your stock drive train will handle the blower just fine if you play nice with it.