Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Thinking Supercharger Until This Video

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 03:51 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shampue
Brother!

Here's mine. 435hp.. Plenty fast. Drives like a kitten till I need it.

I believe the difference between 460 and 435 is 18 hp for the filter difference and there is actually a different Roush tune without the airbox. It does not meet Calif. spec.s, but I just had mine smogged & they didn't make it an issue. Easy enough to put the airbox back on for smog checks anyway. I suspect yours is more than 435 because that number is supposedly with the stock Mustang airbox. If you look up that CAI with the filter is lists 18 extra HP with the supercharger, but with the CAI supercharger tune it is 460. I least that is my info.

I love mine! As you say it drives like a kitten until you put your foot in it! I think it is a simpler way to go than twin turbos, etc. I suspect any decent Ford Dealer could work on it (in a bind) since it is so similar to a GT 500.

Last edited by Mr. D; 06-26-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
I suspect any decent Ford Dealer could work on it (in a bind) since it is so similar to a GT 500.
My local Ford dealer wont touch it. But they're weird to begin with.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Here's the Roush info. on the 4.6L Supercharger with CAI addition!

Old 06-26-2014, 04:15 PM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

So that open airbox would give me more HP than my enclosed airbox you see in my signature?
Old 06-26-2014, 04:34 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

My local Ford dealer wont touch it. But they're weird to begin with.
Sounds just like my local Ford dealer! I've bought three Ford's in the last few years, but not one of them from the local, ignorant Ford dealer just because of that kind of attitude. If I have a problem, I don't argue. I just call the Ford Area Rep. Often the problem is the ignorance of their service writers. Going right to directly to the Service Manager with a big smile before bringing the car in might help. Some service writters were selling chain link fence six months ago and are lazy or just afraid of their own shadow! It's easy just not to work on the car than have to actually do some research and help a customer. At my local dealer they won't even order a car for you. They try to force you to buy from stock, or dealer trade. Ordering a car might require some paperwork! It's rare to meet a car salesman that knows more than how many wheels the vehicle has. When they have no customers they stand around and B.S. instead of getting out the manuals and educating themselves on their product and the competition. I usually won't talk to anyone except Fleet Sales People, because at least they were usually not selling swimming pools last month! Too many salesman think they don't need to know the product because they are going to "SELL" the customer into the car!

"What do I have to do to sell a car today!"

"Go away and send out someone out that knows something about the product, and doesn't think he can "SELL" me into a car with gimmicks!"

Do I sound like I don't like car salesman? No, I just don't like the "Fast Eddie" type salesman with the sleezy sales techniques! I'm a retired teacher that sold a lot of carpet and made a lot of money as a second business just by treating customers the way I would want to be treated! What a concept!

Old 06-26-2014, 05:35 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Haven't had my car dyno'd yet, but I'm happy with it. I'm using a 2.6 inch pulley and a VMP tune. The turbo vs. supercharger argument is as old as the technology to build turbos and superchargers. I don't know my hp numbers, but the performance is absolutely ridiculous.
I chose my setup for its low maintenance, ease of installation, ability to increase power down the road, etc. To me the argument is sort of like boxers or briefs, every man has to decide for himself.
I'm wondering if the OP is the person behind the video and is drumming up business for himself. No offense intended if that's not the case.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:16 PM
njdurkin

Ha that's funny. No I'm not. And that would be a stupid way to get views/business. I'm just a kid trying to learn, that's all. I really appreciate everyone's input.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by njdurkin
Ha that's funny. No I'm not. And that would be a stupid way to get views/business. I'm just a kid trying to learn, that's all. I really appreciate everyone's input.
I'm a middle aged kid trying to learn
Old 06-29-2014, 01:31 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

So that open airbox would give me more HP than my enclosed airbox you see in my signature?
The open air box in combination with a fresh tune. The 'stock' Roush tune is VERY conservative to protect an otherwise stock motor and be able to offer the full warranty they do. You can open up a lot of power with a more aggressive tune.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:04 PM
84CopperGT
2nd Gear Member

I have driven turbo and supercharged cars. I prefer the turbo all day long. The guy in the video is an idiot, but then again it's Andy's Auto Sport that thinks changing out spark plug wires is actually good for horsepower. A turbo will make more power at the same boost level because it draws less power to make power. Honestly, centrifugal superchargers are just a turbo compressor with a belt, they lag down low and they almost always will.

Quick Reply: Thinking Supercharger Until This Video