Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Side exit exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 06:51 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 84CopperGT
It's near impossible to run a side exhaust under subframe connectors even with oval or frame pipes. And even worse, have you tried running 3 inch pipes over the axle, around a torque arm and panhard bar, and then around a 21 gallon tank? It's a damn nightmare with 2.5 inch and a factory tank.
Dont know why it is. I run a 3.5 exhaust on my car while it dont go over the axle due to me running it out in front of the lt rear tire it works just fine. But my car is not lowered so I could see issues with that. I dont want to run it over the axle I want it straight as possible. Nor would I try it but I do think I could go under it with out to much problem. I live on back roads and my driveway is gravel with bumps and holes it does not hit at all and is well over a 1/2 mile long. My car is set up for gone in a straight line so no panhard bar need. I save the twists for my Cobra.

Last edited by uedlose; 01-12-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:43 AM
84CopperGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by uedlose
Dont know why it is. I run a 3.5 exhaust on my car while it dont go over the axle due to me running it out in front of the lt rear tire it works just fine. But my car is not lowered so I could see issues with that. I dont want to run it over the axle I want it straight as possible. Nor would I try it but I do think I could go under it with out to much problem. I live on back roads and my driveway is gravel with bumps and holes it does not hit at all and is well over a 1/2 mile long. My car is set up for gone in a straight line so no panhard bar need. I save the twists for my Cobra.
I have a convertible and like taking turns. It's either a panhard bar or Watts link. It will be lowered, not too much but enough that if I run it under the subframe connectors it will scrape.