Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

New to Nitrous world

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Shuwaier

Default New to Nitrous world

Hello guys
I never had nitrous and u am planning to install a nitrous kit on a 2006 mustang gt. I m thinking 100 shot on stock internals nd cams. Questions:
1- Do i need forged internals or can the stock pieces sustain 100 shot??
2- is it worth it to change cam shaft, and throttle body (already has cai, Long tube headers, nd axle back)?
3- what is expected hp gain (current 330 rwhp)?
Old 06-30-2015, 08:22 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shuwaier
Hello guys
I never had nitrous and u am planning to install a nitrous kit on a 2006 mustang gt. I m thinking 100 shot on stock internals nd cams. Questions:
1- Do i need forged internals or can the stock pieces sustain 100 shot??
2- is it worth it to change cam shaft, and throttle body (already has cai, Long tube headers, nd axle back)?
3- what is expected hp gain (current 330 rwhp)?
1. No. Your current engine can handle a 100 shot no problem
2. Sure the car will make more power. But not needed just to run nitrous.
3.430-450WHP.

Do your research before you buy. there is more to running nitrous than just buying a base kit and wiring it up. You'll need a purge kit, bottle heater. Colder plugs. ETC.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:48 AM
Kyle@ROUSH
Former Sponsor

You will find there is much more to nitrous than just the base kits you see sold on the web. The necessary safety and convince add ons will nickle and dime you a bit.

100 shot with a good tune I'd say 450hp would be quite possible and torque will be a chunk higher than that. I wouldn't upgrade other parts unless you build the motor. I'd say really consider your options before you pull the trigger on the spray. Once you really add together everything needed for a solid nitrous setup you will find yourself closer to the cost of a supercharger than you may have thought.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Sandmanbjj
2nd Gear Member

I just hooked up the Nitrous Express Proton Plus kit. I have it set for a 100 shot. It cost me $40 to fill my bottle today. (8/10/15).
I have a WOT switch. I also bought the adaptor to replace my Schrader valve instead of cutting my fuel line.
I want to add in a purge valve, a gauge and remote bottle opener.

I will disagree with Kyle in the cost. I spent about $500 with the fill. Even with all the bells and whistles on my set up running a 100 shot I don't come anywhere close to the ball park of a supercharger. THOUSANDS less than a super charger.

If you are looking for serious Nitrous amounts then yeah you get a little closer.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:43 AM
Shuwaier

Thank you for your replies

The questions now:
1. Wet shot vs. dry shot
Pro and con for each?

2. Is it safe in hot area (120 fahrenheite) nd 40- 70% humidity

3. Should i replace fuel pump
and clutch

Thanx
Old 08-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Sandmanbjj
2nd Gear Member

Default New to Nitrous world

I don't see why you would need to replace the clutch. You won't exceed the stock set up.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:27 AM
JimC

I say wet shot - otherwise you are relying upon the computer to recognize the need to add fuel do so quickly. I'd much rather add the fuel with the nitrous so I know that the fuel needed is there and the engine doesn't run lean.

The con, some say that you can get puddling of the fuel mixture in the intake manifold. I never had that problem when I was running nitrous, but I guess it is possible.