Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

2011 twin turbo v6 build (picture heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 06:31 PM
2011V6Nicole
2nd Gear Member

Smile 2011 twin turbo v6 build (picture heavy)

Recently graduated college and for my senior project I thought it would be fun/a good idea to twin turbo my mustang. The car is still a work in progress (tuning needs to be dialed in) but heres where its at now.

The turbos are borgwarner efr 6258's vband in and out and are externally gated. The blow off valves are integrated into the turbos. Injectors are deatschwerks 950cc injectors.

Now for the pictures

started by upgrading the clutch, went with a spec stage 2.. so out came the transmission...also stuck in a lightweight flywheel.

next up was mounting the intercooler. I know its a weird order to do things but at the time i had to keep the car driveable and couldnt have it torn apart so little things got done when they could.

battery got moved to the trunk

at some point the flanges for the manifold and turbos showed up (had these made at a local machine shop)

now in to the fun stuff, Making the manifolds!!

after some test fitting

next up was the exhaust. Its 3in from the turbos back. I left it duals the whole way back, no h or x pipe, just dynomax resonators and their vt series mufflers. its also all v-bands.

then the intake piping was made

and now

I need to get better pictures of it finished thats the only decent one I have at the moment.

The car was first making 13ish lbs of of boost and I ran out of fuel by 5krpms making 420hp to the ground (not sure where that dyno graph got to...) After switching out the springs the car makes 9-10lbs and is making 390hp and 360ish something lb-ft of torque. I think i solved the fuel issue just waiting to get back on the dyno. The car is having a couple of other minor tune issues, but the few times I got into it she moved pretty good.

This is now vs when the car was mostly stock.

and this is compared to cjpony parts 2013 gt, (the shop I got it tuned at is across the street from cj's)

the gt is the one that went to 7krpms

Tuning is still a work in progress, end goal is hopefully around 500 to the ground...besides tuning the only thing else left is hooking the ac back up (the hose on the passenger side was in the way of the turbo so it got removed). The ac will fit I just have to make a new line and re route it a little. Also plan on getting new wheels and tires so I can get some grip.

oh and sorry about the picture size
Old 07-22-2015, 08:31 AM
Explosive

Nice, thats a pretty cool build.