Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Snow performance stage 2 MAF boos cooler install

Old 09-26-2015, 02:04 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Default Snow performance stage 2 MAF boos cooler install

i installed the Snow Performance Stage 2 MAF boost cooler, this model uses the MAF signal voltage to ramp up the meth injection
from 10% to 100% and allows you to set the start point and full injection point.
i started by mounting the nozzle in the air intake just before the TB per the instructions, and since
i have plastic intake tubing i chose to buy the optional threaded fitting so that the nozzle had more than 2 threads to secure it into the inlet

since the engine bay of my car is a bit cramped, i chose to tap into my stock washer resevoir instead of using the supplied 3qt. resevor from the kit.
i started by removing the lf tire and wheel liner, then the resevoir. i then drilled a 13/16" hole in the reservoir per instructions to mount the level sensor, then i drilled a 5/8" hole and mounted the supply fitting using some E6000 adhesive. i coated the threads and screwed in the fitting directly in the reservoir, the fitting cut threads
in the plastic and the adhesive made a good seal.

i then mounted the pump on the back of the front bumper near and bleow the resevoir so that the fluid will gravity feet the pump and always keep it primed.

time to reinstall the washer res. and wire up the sensor and pump

while i was wiring up the pump, i decided to add in a take out with a 1 wire connector on the power side of the pump so i could jump power to the pump whenever i wanted without removing the lf tire or wheel liner. i figure it could come in handy for testing should anything fail.

next i mounted the MAFU controller to the lid of the underhood fuse box using a few small machine screws, this keeps everything nice and tidy.

next i routed all the rest of the wires, tapped into the MAF signal wire, routed the 2 wires through the firewall for the LED indicators, routed the meth line to the nozzle, and reinstalled the wheel and liner.
i removed my gauge pod for my boost gauge and drilled 2 1\4" holes and mounted the 2 LED's, 1 is green and lights when the system is injecting, the other is red and lights when the level sensor in the reservoir shows low

complete!

all that was left was test and tune, i started with the middle of the 3 nozzles that come in the kit, after a bit of flogging i found that it was too large for my setup and would cause the engine to break up before i got out of 1st gear. i swapped down to the smallest nozzle and retested = success! no break up, no detonation, and by looking at my boost gauge i picked up 1psi of boost. total install time 4.5 hrs using a hoist, will prob take more on the ground.

i am currently running my own boost juice, that i make by purchasing a 5 gallon pail of methanol from a local supplier for $34.00 and then i mix it 50/50 with distilled water. total cost for 10 gallons of water/meth $34.00 or $3.40 per gallon, snows pre mixed is around $8.50 per gallon.

Last edited by jwog666; 09-29-2015 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:14 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

feel free to make this a sticky if you find it useful
Old 09-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jwog666
feel free to make this a sticky if you find it useful
Jwogg you are again the man! Da** I wished you lived closer to me! You would most def be my go to guy!
Old 04-04-2016, 04:11 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

just an update......... i ran into an issue on cooler days (40 deg F) or so. when the boost cooler would start injecting there wasnt enough heat to cause the water/meth mix to flash off, and this caused a bit of over-quench, which resulted in misfires under WOT. my fix..... i installed a switch on the ground side of the relay that supplies power to the controller, this way i can turn off injection on days when its colder, and turn it back on once the warm weather sets in.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jwog666
just an update......... i ran into an issue on cooler days (40 deg F) or so. when the boost cooler would start injecting there wasnt enough heat to cause the water/meth mix to flash off, and this caused a bit of over-quench, which resulted in misfires under WOT. my fix..... i installed a switch on the ground side of the relay that supplies power to the controller, this way i can turn off injection on days when its colder, and turn it back on once the warm weather sets in.
Hey man good info. That misfire is it dangerous to the engine? It was finally a good day outside (Sat) so I took my car for a spin. Got on the interstate romped on her pretty hard. Once I returned home I could actually smell the methonal all throughout my garage. Normal? Thxs!
Old 04-04-2016, 04:23 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

you may notice some extra fuel smell, as the methanol is somewhat acting like extra fuel. the misfire i had on the cold days was pretty obvious, but once i felt it i just backed out and back to normal. just too cold of an air temp for the system to work, and to be honest on days that cold the cooler isnt needed anyway. this will help reduce meth consumption and make it even cheaper to run
Old 01-07-2018, 07:16 AM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

I know this is an older thread, but I have a few questions. Are you still happy with the meth injection system? Did you get a tune update from KB? Did you speak to them for a recommendation?
Old 12-27-2019, 04:15 PM
Michael Morrans

Default Diagram

Does any have a ignition harness diagram for a 08 mustang
Old 07-11-2020, 01:57 AM
AARRGGHHH

Where do I buy a new seat belt with the sensor attached? 2006 Mustang V6
Old 01-17-2021, 09:24 AM
Berrywood.jb

Default 88 foxbody transmission

I am putting a 88 Fox body motor and transmission the transmission is automatic into A 65 F-100 Is there any electrical on the transmission That may need a computer. Or will it work with just installing it and go.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Snow performance stage 2 MAF boos cooler install