Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Need some exhaust help/advice/suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 11:05 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

Default Need some exhaust help/advice/suggestions please

On the '92 I had, I was running BBK shorties, o/r h-pipe and Flowmaster. I'm thinking they were 1-chambers. I bought them used. All I know, is that car was LOUD. Now, with the '94, I'm looking at exhaust again. It's too quiet. I was going to go with the BBK shorties again. I'm looking at the Prochamber from MAC for the midpipe and mufflers is where my question is. I've watched lots of videos of Spintech mufflers. They sound AWESOME, but I'm also reading that they don't make good power. Which sucks. Now, if its only a couple horsepower difference, not a big deal, but I want it to sound good and gain some power obviously. I think I'm going to stay away from Flowmasters this time, because everybody says they're "just sound". And they sound GREAT, but I'd like to have sound and power this time. So, does anybody know if Spintech's suck when it comes to making power? If so, what would be another great choice. OH, AND. I'm probably just going to keep the catback I have on the car and just swap out the mufflers in the pipes. That's the plan anyway. Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 06-03-2016, 09:57 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

I'm cheap, so I just took off the rear mufflers on my '07 and placed 20 dollar glasspacks after the H pipe. Car sounds wicked and I didn't have to spend thousands to get a great sounding car. I just love the sound glasspacks make. I do still have stock manifolds and cats, don't know if going to headers at some point is going to make it too loud, but at the track I always get complemented on the way the car sounds.