Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

SLP exhaust clips

Old 11-05-2005, 04:34 PM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SLP exhaust clips

ORIGINAL: nanaki

i've heard stangs with no muffs and the LM1s sound nothing like it. i hate people that spread false information. it's how rumors get started. i suppose you also think a person should get 4.10 gears if you do highway driving, have a supercharger/nitrous or have a 5 speed?
You heard wrong then buddy. LM1s sound EXACTLY like no mufflers because that is EXACTLY what they are! 1 + 1 = 2! And yes, no mufflers does sound like a tractor, which is why SLP sounds like ****!
Old 11-05-2005, 07:45 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

i have the LM 1 with an off road x and it sounds nothing like the stangs with straight pipes. in your mind you make think that but your wrong. i have had the SLP loudmouths for over a year now and i've been around alot of stangs and they sound nothing like no mufflers. you can say that they are pretty much straight pipe which i agree but again they still don't sound like it has no mufflers. Both me and Nanaki pretty much got the system when the first came out and now he has the LM2's so both me and him know what we are talking about. its funny how ppl say something but have no experience. i can go sruise down the street right now and it sounds the opposite of your statement cuz it sounds mufflered.

wheres Casper he has them and i must agree with him that 99% of ppl on this forum know nothing and just think they do.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:55 AM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DILO2001GT

i have the LM 1 with an off road x and it sounds nothing like the stangs with straight pipes. in your mind you make think that but your wrong. i have had the SLP loudmouths for over a year now and i've been around alot of stangs and they sound nothing like no mufflers. you can say that they are pretty much straight pipe which i agree but again they still don't sound like it has no mufflers. Both me and Nanaki pretty much got the system when the first came out and now he has the LM2's so both me and him know what we are talking about. its funny how ppl say something but have no experience. i can go sruise down the street right now and it sounds the opposite of your statement cuz it sounds mufflered.

wheres Casper he has them and i must agree with him that 99% of ppl on this forum know nothing and just think they do.
I assume this is a response to me, so here is what I say: I agree, 99% of people have no idea what they are talking about. They are surprised to think that SLP's straight pipes with fake, nonfunctional mufflers sounds exactly like no mufflers. They have a difficult time understanding logic and listening to reason. But it's okay - I'm here!

I don't claim that SLP sounds like *** for no reason; I claim that SLP sounds like *** because I've heard it in person. A good friend of mine had LM1s for months before I bought my exhaust system. Obviously, it wasn't hard to hear his exhaust and I got used to the way it sounded quickly. I didn't like it, so I decided to purchase a different system (Borla). During the install, I (obviously) had to cut off the stock exhaust. After doing so, I decided to give it a few revs just for fun. Surprisingly - though in hindsight, I shouldn't have been surprised - it sounded EXACTLY like my friend's LM1s! So don't go saying that I just make up what I say; what I say is based on my experiences with the various exhaust systems - good or bad, I'm a blunt guy. This forum is so obsessed with SLP and most of the people here like yourself pass it off as God's system for Mustangs. The main reason I come here nowadays is to let people know that it isn't that great - in fact, it's not even good. But you all bought it, and regardless of whether or not you like it, you're going to defend your choice. Good for you, the bottom line is SLP blows.

But I won't take all the credit away from SLP; it deserves credit for one thing: attention. If you want to drive down the street and get everyone looking at you (though probably with grimaces), buy SLP. It is loud and will get you plenty of attention, though I doubt it will be good attention.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:22 AM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Dreamking, how bout you get off your high horse and stop bad mouthing an exhaust system simply because YOU don't like it. Cause guess what? There are thousands, and thousands of people out there that like and love SLP..me and Nanaki included..I have two buddies in my town that have and love it too..if you don't like it, then good for you..you are entitled to your oppinion of something..but guess what? just because you don't like it doesn't mean it sucks or "blows" as you would say. I don't like flowmaster exhaust and when someone asks me about it will I comment about how I don't like it because of the drone and such? yes. But do I run around telling anybody that will listen to me that I hate it? No, I have a life..apparently you just enjoy sitting at your computer waiting for someone to talk about SLP so you can trash it..get over it dude, you don't like it and that is totally understandable, and I respect your oppinion, you are entitled to it..you have Stingers, I'm a huge fan, they sound great in my oppinion...but just because you don't like SLP doesn't mean nobody else does, so stop trashing it like you're oppinion is the only one that matters. Thanks.

PS- If that came off in a "pissy" way, I apologize. It's been a long, rough week and I guess I just kinda unleashed everything into that post.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:33 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: DreamKing

I assume this is a response to me, so here is what I say: I agree, 99% of people have no idea what they are talking about. They are surprised to think that SLP's straight pipes with fake, nonfunctional mufflers sounds exactly like no mufflers. They have a difficult time understanding logic and listening to reason. But it's okay - I'm here!

I don't claim that SLP sounds like *** for no reason; I claim that SLP sounds like *** because I've heard it in person. A good friend of mine had LM1s for months before I bought my exhaust system. Obviously, it wasn't hard to hear his exhaust and I got used to the way it sounded quickly. I didn't like it, so I decided to purchase a different system (Borla). During the install, I (obviously) had to cut off the stock exhaust. After doing so, I decided to give it a few revs just for fun. Surprisingly - though in hindsight, I shouldn't have been surprised - it sounded EXACTLY like my friend's LM1s! So don't go saying that I just make up what I say; what I say is based on my experiences with the various exhaust systems - good or bad, I'm a blunt guy. This forum is so obsessed with SLP and most of the people here like yourself pass it off as God's system for Mustangs. The main reason I come here nowadays is to let people know that it isn't that great - in fact, it's not even good. But you all bought it, and regardless of whether or not you like it, you're going to defend your choice. Good for you, the bottom line is SLP blows.

But I won't take all the credit away from SLP; it deserves credit for one thing: attention. If you want to drive down the street and get everyone looking at you (though probably with grimaces), buy SLP. It is loud and will get you plenty of attention, though I doubt it will be good attention.
yes, we have absolutely no idea what we're talking about. that's it. you hit it right on the nose. i've only owned the LM1s with 2 different mid pipes and also LM2s. DILO has the LM1s with an X. so we KNOW what they sound like.

you're right DILO, he's one of them people that say you should get 3.73 gears if you plan on going supercharged, do highway driving or have a 5 speed. not because he's done or had the different gear types, but because that's what a lot of other people say who haven't experienced it either.

it's cheaper to say something about how something is than actually spending the money to experience it and actually know what it does or sounds like.

oh yeah, dreamking. talk to acer. he's had flowmasters, magnaflows and LM1s. he loves the LM1s over all of them, hence the reason he's actually stayed with them.

Old 11-06-2005, 05:37 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

enough said lol
Old 11-07-2005, 12:12 AM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

ORIGINAL: DreamKing

yes, we have absolutely no idea what we're talking about. that's it. you hit it right on the nose. i've only owned the LM1s with 2 different mid pipes and also LM2s. DILO has the LM1s with an X. so we KNOW what they sound like.

you're right DILO, he's one of them people that say you should get 3.73 gears if you plan on going supercharged, do highway driving or have a 5 speed. not because he's done or had the different gear types, but because that's what a lot of other people say who haven't experienced it either.

it's cheaper to say something about how something is than actually spending the money to experience it and actually know what it does or sounds like.

oh yeah, dreamking. talk to acer. he's had flowmasters, magnaflows and LM1s. he loves the LM1s over all of them, hence the reason he's actually stayed with them.

To avoid causing this to turn into an even larger argument without end, I shall respond to your message with one sentence: Not everyone has good taste in exhaust.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:57 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

so far it's like 5 against one. so i'm guessing you're the not everyone.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:34 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

i h ave had ppl pull up next to me and say "that thing sounds amazing, whats done to it?" i have had a guy in his later 60s say it and ppl in their teens and everyone in between. no one has ever said they disliked to me besides my father. obviously i can't change your opinion and make you be like you know what im worng it doesn't sound like that but im just here to make sure ppl don't get the wrong idea and think that it is some crappy exhaust system when i believe its one of the best.

oh and i have myself had magnaflows,dynomax,mac mufflers and now i have the SLP's so i can go by something that i have had and not heard from someone driving by.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:41 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

well said. everyone is entitled to their own opinion and it can't be wrong. but the way you come off, you make it sound like SLP is complete garbage. in fact, that is what you said. so many people bought and have switched to it for a reason.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SLP exhaust clips