Ride Of The Month Does your Mustang have what it takes to be ROTM?
View Poll Results: Who will be ROTM for October?
NASTY03GT
3.70%
LilRoush
37.78%
RPM_Carter
3.70%
Teej281
48.89%
Kalli
5.93%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

October ROTM voting!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:34 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Hey all,
Just to let you know, it is my father's car. BUT, I am not taking credit for owning the car. My dad, being the old fart that he is, can barely work a computer. lol I told him at the beginning of the month that his car got nominated, noting that in the nomination phase that it was stated that it was my father's car, for ride of the month and he freaked. He was so happy. Every couple days he calls me up bugging me to let him know what the vote is. I keep telling him to check it out himself...but it just ends in disaster and me getting frustrated because he cant seem to figure out how to work a freakin computer. But I do not claim that this is my car, I'm doing this for my father as it brought him a lot of joy. Like lilroush, my dad has put a lot of time, effort, and money into his car and when he sees other people appreciate the car and what he has done, it makes it all the more worthwhile. He thanks you all for your votes, as do I.

Thanks,
Teej
Old 10-25-2010, 06:42 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Hey all,
Just to let you know, it is my father's car. BUT, I am not taking credit for owning the car. My dad, being the old fart that he is, can barely work a computer. lol I told him at the beginning of the month that his car got nominated, noting that in the nomination phase that it was stated that it was my father's car, for ride of the month and he freaked. He was so happy. Every couple days he calls me up bugging me to let him know what the vote is. I keep telling him to check it out himself...but it just ends in disaster and me getting frustrated because he cant seem to figure out how to work a freakin computer. But I do not claim that this is my car, I'm doing this for my father as it brought him a lot of joy. Like lilroush, my dad has put a lot of time, effort, and money into his car and when he sees other people appreciate the car and what he has done, it makes it all the more worthwhile. He thanks you all for your votes, as do I.

Thanks,
Teej
My dad's the same way. I hate standing over his shoulder as he tries to show me pictures of cars on mecum's website. "Here I'll get that dad" "No no no no, I've got it...."
Old 10-25-2010, 07:01 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Haha my dad knows better. When I'm home..."Teej, come over here. I need you to pull something up for me. Pull up the email for me son." "Ugh...dad just double click right there."
Old 10-25-2010, 07:29 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Haha my dad knows better. When I'm home..."Teej, come over here. I need you to pull something up for me. Pull up the email for me son." "Ugh...dad just double click right there."
Haha well at least your old man has a nice taste in cars! My dad hasn't touched a classic since college. Granted he did have an awesome 1968 GTO and misses it greatly, but now he's stuck on modern cars.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:03 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jenzpony
so does this mean i can enter with my dads cobras?
Not trying to down play how nice the GT 500 is, but I think it opens up a very grey area - now you don't need to be a member of the site to have your car nominated for a site award. Where is the line going to be drawn? Family? Friends? Guy somebody knows who owns a shop's race car?
Old 10-25-2010, 10:25 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Well I put effort into upkeep and such on the car. I'm mainly the one keeping the car clean when I go to shows and such as dad is too busy flapping his jaw instead of keeping the car clean. lol My father would love to be a part of this kinda forum so he could "flap his jaw" figuratively on the site with other guys with classics. But it is family, its something my father and I share and hold very dear to both of us. Friend's cars get grey but this is family. Its more on his behalf as he isnt capable of posting and hosting pictures and such. Its not like I'm flapping my jaw saying that its my car. It was stated from the beginning that it was his car. Plus I really wanted to surprise him with it.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:11 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by Jenzpony
so does this mean i can enter with my dads cobras?
No
They already won, lol!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:59 AM
NASTY03GT
1st Gear Member

I see no problem with Teej's dad's car being up for the voting. It is beautiful and practically his as well when you think about it. Totally different situation then someone on the forum nominating their friend's car or a shop's car that is not a member of the forum, no way to even compare that to this.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:43 AM
cu-boy

My vote goes to Kalli. Amazing dedication to get it shipped to Ireland and then do all that work to it. They all are great cars! It was a hard decision. Gotta love the classics
Old 10-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Noodle23
2nd Gear Member

Dam it. I always vote for LILroush but he never wins. I think Im bad luck.

Quick Reply: October ROTM voting!