ROUSH Performance The premier manufacturer of high performance upgrade kits for Ford Mustangs. From powertrain, to handling, to styling, ROUSH provides industry-leading performance and quality.

New car warrantees & Roush Superchargers

Old 06-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Hard to say that a Shelby GT500, Super Snake, Roush RS3, Saleen SA-30/302/351, Or any of the Henesssy offerings are not going to be raced or tracked. Its usually why you buy them. Unless you're an old fart collector, which amounts to a wasted performance car.

For that matter... adding a supercharger typically means you at least track the car once in a while. Hard to argue getting one installed to make the car a better daily driver or more economical. The only reason I find for people for doing such mods and not using the car as its new mods would've intended....

1. more money than brains
2. compensation for shortcomings in other areas
3. Never got the toys they wanted in their youth

Not hating on your Mr. D. I think you actually use your car at a track day events every now and then. I remember reading it somewhere. I just can't fathom all the headache over where to get the work done. If you're not doing it yourself and want a warranty then you just go to a reputable dealer that also specializes in performance mods and will back their work and the products they sell. Most shops I know won't touch after market performance mods if you bring the part to them. Simply because they need to have it on record that they were the reseller in order to back the warranty and their work on that vehicle with a part certified to come from their vendor sources, whether Roush or Shelby etc, etc, etc.

Its not rocket science. I wouldn't expect a Ford dealer to just honor a warrantee that you have even it there is a Roush agreement in place unless they have personally done the work and are familiar with your car. Every shop might not have a Roush certified installer on hand and if not won't risk voiding the work done.

That's typically not to be a pain in your rear...more so you don't get stuck without a pot to pee in when something does go wrong. If the shop does not have a certified trained person qualified to do the job...they typically won't touch it since its outside their scope of training. Remember most shops deal with the inventory sold as is from the showroom and inventory and the majority of their customers aren't modding from the dealership.

Just saying
---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 06-12-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Hard to say that a Shelby GT500, Super Snake, Roush RS3, Saleen SA-30/302/351, Or any of the Henesssy offerings are not going to be raced or tracked. Its usually why you buy them. Unless you're an old fart collector, which amounts to a wasted performance car.

For that matter... adding a supercharger typically means you at least track the car once in a while. Hard to argue getting one installed to make the car a better daily driver or more economical. The only reason I find for people for doing such mods and not using the car as its new mods would've intended....

1. more money than brains
2. compensation for shortcomings in other areas
3. Never got the toys they wanted in their youth

Not hating on your Mr. D. I think you actually use your car at a track day events every now and then. I remember reading it somewhere. I just can't fathom all the headache over where to get the work done. If you're not doing it yourself and want a warranty then you just go to a reputable dealer that also specializes in performance mods and will back their work and the products they sell. Most shops I know won't touch after market performance mods if you bring the part to them. Simply because they need to have it on record that they were the reseller in order to back the warranty and their work on that vehicle with a part certified to come from their vendor sources, whether Roush or Shelby etc, etc, etc.

Its not rocket science. I wouldn't expect a Ford dealer to just honor a warrantee that you have even it there is a Roush agreement in place unless they have personally done the work and are familiar with your car. Every shop might not have a Roush certified installer on hand and if not won't risk voiding the work done.

That's typically not to be a pain in your rear...more so you don't get stuck without a pot to pee in when something does go wrong. If the shop does not have a certified trained person qualified to do the job...they typically won't touch it since its outside their scope of training. Remember most shops deal with the inventory sold as is from the showroom and inventory and the majority of their customers aren't modding from the dealership.

Just saying
---
The only thing you got right about me is that I'm an "Old Fart" (72 in December)! None of your 1 to 3 apply to me! I just have a bigger brain than you as my picture below will attest!

My limited experience is that you can get in warranty repairs done if you pick a Ford agency with a service manager that is not as the say in Germany, and assenholen, and you approach it the right way. Most of them are ignorant about Roush/Ford warrantees so you have to go slowly! I suspect he will always cover himself by checking with Ford if it is a driveline repair, which is reasonable since some people beat and race their cars then wanting Ford to cover the repairs. If the repair has nothing to do with the supercharger, such as a broken window motor, only a ***** would hassle the repair! My local dealer had both a ***** and his vagina wife as service writers. Luckily, I found a nice gal named Rhonda, as in the 60's song, "Help me Rhonda!" Of course being a senior citizen makes it easier then a 25 year old with tattoos on his face! I also eventually will let them know that I will screw up their lives in court and with a DMV licensing complaint if they are not reasonable! I made Chrysler give me a new truck with more equipment than the one I bought through a DMV complaint!

Fornicate them if they can't take a joke!

Last edited by Mr. D; 06-13-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

I know when my father was working for Corvette Customs which was a certified GM shop for the Chevy dealer right across the street.....as the Shop Steward.... For work on cars with specialized upgrades purchased through the dealership....There had to be at least one person in the crew who was certified to do the installs. This qualified the entire shop to do the work. Different staff with tenure would be trained on different things to maintain certification status for the whole shop. Or the Shop steward would get the required certifications. If there was a new part offered through GM for GM installation on their vehicles...then someone was to be trained on it prior to accepting the work. I don't think its different for Ford. If it is that would be a shame. But, if they are professional and need to do these installs according to the speed teams who warrantee the product then they required certified installer training.

Again...not all Ford dealers will have the required personnel on hand with the required certs to allow them to do an install and honor the implied warrantee. That being said...with no knowledge or qualifications it would be our burden as the client to ask. If they shrug shoulders and don't have a clue...then you go elsewhere.

Just saying.

And yes...what a marvelously fat head you have. ;-)

---
Old 06-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

http://www.roushperformance.com/part...arger-Kit.html

warranty item listed right there in plain English.

3yr/36K warranty on Roush parts only.
3yr/36K bumper to bumper available for extra fee....

Warranty agreement/options/document with prices even! Can't get much simpler than that.

http://www.roushperformance.com/pdf/LimitedWarranty.pdf link to actual warranty, in writing.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

In the warranty there is nothing implied that ANY FORD SERVICE Department can and will honor the warranty.

You must submit copies of the following documents with your warranty claim: (a) your warranty registration form,
(b) the receipt showing installation of the ROUSHcharger® by a certified Ford Automotive Technician or ASE
automotive service technician, and (c) all requested vehicle maintenance records.

There is implied requisites here for certifications. By Ford or "Automotive Service Excellence". What those certifications entail is not mentioned...

Also note...as per the warrantee...

THIS IS NOT A PERFORMANCE WARRANTY. IT DOES NOT COVER ANY VEHICLE IN WHICH THE
ROUSHCHARGER® IS INSTALLED.
This specifically separates their responsibility for the failure of any surrounding components that are not ROUSH and QUALIFIES the vehicle to meet their requisites prior to installation. Even if they list specific items they consider under their umbrella if the ROUSH part causes any surrounding damage...FORD doesn't have to cover anything ROUSH does not mention. and even if Roush does they are only covering a max of $7500 in damages. This is very specific and knowing that collateral damages can far exceed this cost... its a toss up as to whether its going to really save the day if and when something really does go wrong.

They even are explicit as to the fact that ROUSH ...NOT Ford will warranty the part. NO MATTER WHO INSTALLS IT.
WARRANTY COVERAGE
When a ROUSHcharger® Kit(s) is correctly and completely installed by a certified Ford automotive technician or
automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) on an eligible, legally
registered and licensed vehicle with an operational odometer, ROUSH® will cover defects in materials and workmanship
during the Warranty Period, as solely determined by us.

Therefore they already state clearly...ROUSH...not FORD will determine whether the part is covered under warranty. Its right there in plain English...their words.

Therefore I go back to my original point. That there must be someone on the premises who is trained by ROUSH on the installs and that the parts has to be sourced by that shop in order for them to do the install. Even after the install...determining what component failed is not solely FORD's decision. It's ROUSH's call to make. And if we go by the letter of their warranty... if its not installed by a certified Tech...the warranty is only applicable to the following...

A car that is new. since the warranty is expired once the odometer is beyond 36k or the vehicle is over 3 years old from the date of purchase. Therefore buying this as an after market mod several years later....no matter who installes it...caveat emptor applies. You're on your own.

In the end its all about liability. And if a Ford dealer is not comfortable touching it for any reason....then they have every right to decline the work. As a consumer you can just find someplace else that will cover the work and honor both the FORD and the ROUSH warranties. If you go to a Roush certified installer.... then that's the shop and their network you're literally mated to. The same apples with the FORD shops. Since the dealerships are independent you're stuck working with the ones that are affiliated. Or pleading your case to the manufacturer and hoping for miracles.