Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Vendors & Sponsors > ROUSH Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

ROUSH Performance The premier manufacturer of high performance upgrade kits for Ford Mustangs. From powertrain, to handling, to styling, ROUSH provides industry-leading performance and quality.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Default New car warrantees & Roush Superchargers

Question:

When you have a Roush Supercharger installed on an "in warrantee" Mustang can Roush supply the owner with a piece of paper (copy of the Ford/Roush agreement) that will help the owner deal with the ignorance of Ford Dealer Service personnel that often tell you that your Ford warrantee is void because the car has been modified! My local Ford Dealer told me that they would not honor the warrantee on anything on the car "bumper to bumper"! Having been though this, it is a common problem that gets old! It would be nice to have a contract in hand that spells out the responsibility of Ford and Roush regarding a new car warrantee. It would help cut through the ignorance of Ford Service Department employees. This kind of hassle scares off a lot of potential Roush customers!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Too cheap to buy a Shelby... but I do know adjectives other than "awesome"!
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:13 AM   #2
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

I'm dissappointed no one from Roush answered my question!!!

Old 04-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #3
Frustration
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 13gtvert...

300 views and nada...
Frustration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustration View Post
300 views and nada...
It hurts Roush Supercharger sales! You would think Roush would understand that!

Old 05-01-2014, 05:22 AM   #5
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011,Ford,Mustang GT Premium
Sengimage ChathamHillRanch Jose Antonio Cruz Sengimage
Send a message via AIM to Cruzinaround Send a message via Skype™ to Cruzinaround

Ya know Mr. D......

I usually approach a project on a current modern vehicle like this....

Wait until it's out of warranty.... Roughly 3 years running stock...Then modify it as I please.

Then it's on my time and my dime. I keep it as the current project weekend warrior car ... Then get a new one under warranty to contemplate what direction to go on the next project.

Or ....have all the work done at the dealer. As a package deal with warrantee before I sign on the bill of sale.

Just saying.

----

Previous Stangs:
68' Blk&Silver Stang;351 Windsor + AOD + 3.15's
83' Canary Yellow Stang;351 Windsor + 100/150/200 selectable shot N2O+AOD+3.55's+MSD+Methyl injection
Current Rides:
04' SRT 4..with a wicked blow off
12' Chevy Traverse LTZ
Spouse's wheels...2012 BMW M3 ...Yup
Hooptie: 93' Ford festiva 4sp manual
Cruzinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:48 AM   #6
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzinaround View Post
Ya know Mr. D......

I usually approach a project on a current modern vehicle like this....

Wait until it's out of warranty.... Roughly 3 years running stock...Then modify it as I please.

Then it's on my time and my dime. I keep it as the current project weekend warrior car ... Then get a new one under warranty to contemplate what direction to go on the next project.

Or ....have all the work done at the dealer. As a package deal with warrantee before I sign on the bill of sale.

Just saying.

----
1. Roush advertises that putting a Roush supercharger on a new car is backed by an agreement between Roush & Ford. Why should I have to wait 3 years?

2. Precedent in law says that Ford has the burden of prove to show that your actions caused a failure. That certainly could be true in a transmission/clutch failure, but many dealers won't even fix the radio or your turn signals if you've put a Roush blower in your car without you having to go to the District Rep. Much of it is service dept. ignorance and arsenholens at a dealerships.

If you've abused a car they shouldn't honor the warranty, but not use some weak excuse to get out of it! It is usually some ***** at the dealership that won't even contact Ford giving you his 2˘ opinion because he drives a ten year old station wagon and is jealous you can afford a fun car!

Just sayin'

Old 05-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #7
bigblue95z
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Mustang GT

I believe that the warranty only applies if the Roushcharger was installed at a certified Ford dealer, by their personnel. AND, it only applies to the stage 1 kit. This is why I'm glad I'm going through Anderson Ford to do the work and who I purchased the car through. They're not going to try to screw me over like the last place that didn't want to cover my 09's transmission issues at 1,800 miles because I had FORD F'N RACING axle-backs. Haven't been back to that dealer since.
bigblue95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:28 AM   #8
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue95z View Post
I believe that the warranty only applies if the Roushcharger was installed at a certified Ford dealer, by their personnel. AND, it only applies to the stage 1 kit. This is why I'm glad I'm going through Anderson Ford to do the work and who I purchased the car through. They're not going to try to screw me over like the last place that didn't want to cover my 09's transmission issues at 1,800 miles because I had FORD F'N RACING axle-backs. Haven't been back to that dealer since.
(1.) I think that applies to Roush authorized dealers! If not, I was lied to!

(2.) Some "ignorant/Know it all" Ford Service people will immediately tell you your warrantee is void, while others will use their brains & check with Ford & Roush. Don't argue..... call the Ford District Rep. & Roush!

Old 06-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #9
nsult
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT, 1971 Chevy Nova

Mr D, did you ever get an answer? I wouldn't mind looking at doing this down the road and this is something that would really sway my decision.
nsult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #10
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsult View Post
Mr D, did you ever get an answer? I wouldn't mind looking at doing this down the road and this is something that would really sway my decision.
No, but I would get another Roush Supercharger installed by a Roush Authorized Dealer. I think Ford District Reps. will back claims as long as they are reasonable and the car has not been mistreated/raced. The burden of proof is on Ford based on case law. If I can sell my '08 Supercharged Mustang I'm going to have a supercharger put on a 2014.

I had a transmission replaced in another Mustang with a tune and a CAI on it! It wasn't an issue because they judged the car had not been abused. It was just a bad bearing in a trans.

You might contact the Ford Area Rep. & ask if the car will be covered as long as there is no sign of abuse/racing/etc. Of course, Ford should not have to back cars raced or abused.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:21 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement