ROUSH Performance The premier manufacturer of high performance upgrade kits for Ford Mustangs. From powertrain, to handling, to styling, ROUSH provides industry-leading performance and quality.

2015 Mustang Roush Hood Scoop problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 04:38 PM
fifteenRS2

Originally Posted by Kyle@ROUSH
Yes please give our warranty dept a call, we came up a solution to that some time ago.
Thank you. I almost had to twist the guys arm at the dealership to schedule the repair. He said that the problem will reoccur even after the new scoop (with the fix) goes on. I'm making them do it anyway so we'll see.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Kyle@ROUSH
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fifteenRS2
Thank you. I almost had to twist the guys arm at the dealership to schedule the repair. He said that the problem will reoccur even after the new scoop (with the fix) goes on. I'm making them do it anyway so we'll see.
There is no reason for it to happen after the fix... What dealership is it?
Old 07-07-2016, 10:55 AM
fifteenRS2

Bob Moore Ford, OKC.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:04 AM
fifteenRS2

The service guy said "You might as well not even bother. I've been through this 50 times and the result is always the same. It will be fine for a couple weeks and the problems just comes back every time"

That's very close to an exact quote.

I said that there is no reason for me not to get it done. It's a warranty fix and if I don't get it done, I don't have a leg to stand on ...let's do it anyway.

He accepted that and scheduled for a Monday morning (07/11/16) drop off to do the work.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:07 AM
fifteenRS2

Oh ...he also said that "All Roush did was take the '14 scoops and put them on the '15s. Old scoop does not fit the new body style. Roush would have to completely redesign the scoop to make it work".

These are his words.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:38 AM
fifteenRS2

Oh ...he also said that "All Roush did was take the '14 scoops and put them on the '15s. Old scoop does not fit the new body style. Roush would have to completely redesign the scoop to make it work".

These are his words.
Makes me wonder if they're doing it wrong.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Kyle@ROUSH
Former Sponsor

Certainly not the 13/14 scoop...
Old 08-10-2016, 04:55 PM
fifteenRS2

just got the car back from the dealer today (install was delayed from the originally scheduled date) after having the hood scoop replaced under warranty. they are adamant about the fix being inadequate and that the corners will lift again in the near future. only time will tell. i'll post updates.

Last edited by fifteenRS2; 08-10-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:14 PM
fifteenRS2

just got the car back from the dealer today (install was delayed from the originally scheduled date) after having the hood scoop replaced under warranty. they are adamant about the fix being inadequate and that the corners will lift again in the near future. only time will tell. i'll post updates.
After one day, the scoop is lifting already. the top right corner (nearest the windshield on the passenger side) is up off the deck.

It's soooo hot here in OK at the moment (the corners rest when it's brutally hot) it's tough for me to get pics but I will try in the morning (coolest environment) so you can see.

Last edited by fifteenRS2; 08-11-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:04 PM
hhendrix

Default Hood scoop problem as well.

I can certainly sympathize with the problems that you're having. I live in North Carolina and the temperature changes cause all kind of havoc with my hood scoop as well. Mine was installed and painted by Roush when I ordered the car. While I haven't had paint problems, the lifting problem on the corners looks like crap. I ordered and installed the repair kit from Roush and it worked for about 1 day as well. As a matter of fact I really think it made things worse. It's almost like the rear mounting studs have comepletely seperated from the hood scoop altogether. While the kit did help a bit on the front cormers, the rears look even worse. The gap now varies from almost nothing to nearly half an inch depending on the temperature. I really am kind of shocked with the reputation Roush has that they would let a product this poorly engineered on the street. Otherwise I love my RS but every time I look thru the windshield there is staring me in the face.

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang Roush Hood Scoop problem