ROUSH Performance The premier manufacturer of high performance upgrade kits for Ford Mustangs. From powertrain, to handling, to styling, ROUSH provides industry-leading performance and quality.

2015 Mustang Roush Hood Scoop problem

Old 10-20-2016, 06:06 PM
hhendrix

Default Hood scoop problem as well.

I can certainly sympathize with the problems that you're having. I live in North Carolina and the temperature changes cause all kind of havoc with my hood scoop as well. Mine was installed and painted by Roush when I ordered the car. While I haven't had paint problems, the lifting problem on the corners looks like crap. I ordered and installed the repair kit from Roush and it worked for about 1 day as well. As a matter of fact I really think it made things worse. It's almost like the rear mounting studs have comepletely seperated from the hood scoop altogether. While the kit did help a bit on the front cormers, the rears look even worse. The gap now varies from almost nothing to nearly half an inch depending on the temperature. I really am kind of shocked with the reputation Roush has that they would let a product this poorly engineered on the street. Otherwise I love my RS but every time I look thru the windshield there it is staring me in the face.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:58 PM
Murdered Roush

This is still a problem on the 2017's. I bought my 2017 stage 1 in October of 2017. I immediately noticed the scoop trying to peel up on the corners and took it in to the dealership not even a month later in November 2017. They determined that the scoop needed to be replaced and submitted the claim to roush. They told me then that these scoops were notorious for this and that they had replaced several since 2015. It is now February 25 2018 and I am still waiting on a scoop and I am being told that they are on back order. This is a bit ridiculous and I really hope that they fix the issue and don't just replace it with the same crappy scoop that has became so well know for it's issues. I expect more from roush than a temporary patch for this "common" problem. I would like to hear from others that have had the repair, how is it holding up for you guys?
Old 02-26-2018, 07:42 AM
hhendrix

Nope. The repair didn't last overnight. When I had the problem I called Roush and ordered the repair kit. The nearest Roush dealer is over 3 hours away from me. As I stated in my earlier post the repair kit does nothing but rip the rear studs out completely. I've talked to a lot of other people at car meets and the problem is not just with a few but just about all. As far as I know the ones that have been replaced under warranty are no better. Roush claims they use Ford's CAD drawings to design their parts but obviously they got the wrong revision on the hood scoop. It seems the problem is expansion of the plastic. When the bottom of the scoop heats up and expands the corners come up. It's just physics. Maybe we should start a class action suit against Roush. My guess is that every one they have sent out to date is defective. Personally I'd rather they just send me an undrilled replacement hood and chuck the POS scoop in the trash. They obviously don't seem to have any intrest in fixing the problem if they're still sending them out in 2017.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:25 AM
Murdered Roush

Originally Posted by hhendrix
Nope. The repair didn't last overnight. When I had the problem I called Roush and ordered the repair kit. The nearest Roush dealer is over 3 hours away from me. As I stated in my earlier post the repair kit does nothing but rip the rear studs out completely. I've talked to a lot of other people at car meets and the problem is not just with a few but just about all. As far as I know the ones that have been replaced under warranty are no better. Roush claims they use Ford's CAD drawings to design their parts but obviously they got the wrong revision on the hood scoop. It seems the problem is expansion of the plastic. When the bottom of the scoop heats up and expands the corners come up. It's just physics. Maybe we should start a class action suit against Roush. My guess is that every one they have sent out to date is defective. Personally I'd rather they just send me an undrilled replacement hood and chuck the POS scoop in the trash. They obviously don't seem to have any intrest in fixing the problem if they're still sending them out in 2017.
I told the guy at the dealership to just replace my hood with a stock hood and he said he couldn't do that. This has already been such an aggravating experience, I sure don't want to have to deal with it again if the replacement scoop does the same thing.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:19 PM
fullsy

Digging up an old thread......Having the same issue with the hood scoop on a '15 Stage 3. Called Roush yesterday and was told my car is 4 months out of warranty and I'm S.O.L. They said the hardware kit didn't work and they ended up redesigning the scoop. I mentioned Kyle's name when I called, but he said he didn't know anyone named Kyle. Is Kyle still around here? I was told I had to buy a new hood scoop to fix the problem since my car is 4 months out of warranty. Which I understand, out of warranty is out of warranty. Just curious if anyone else has tried to deal with this recently.