FS: Tokico D-Specs, Vogtland Springs, J&M Camber Plates

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:00 AM
mart_markin
1st Gear Member

Exclamation FS: Tokico D-Specs, Vogtland Springs, J&M Camber Plates

Update: **SOLD!!**

Jim

Hey guys- Looking to move some stuff I have from my 07 GT. I am getting prepared to trade her in

I have Tokico D-Spec Adjustable Shocks and Struts, Vogtland Springs, and J&M Camber Plates still on the car. I would like to offer a swap to anyone interested. I need the stock dampers, strut mounts and springs to replace them.

New, these parts would cost you up to $1000. The parts have about 8,000 miles on them and still work flawlessly. What I would like to do is to have someone send me their parts and I will install them and send my parts to them. I could also do this in a few hours at my home in Mansfield, Ohio if someone wanted to drive here and make the swap in person. I would like to get $400 (plus the swapped parts) for the whole set up, but I will entertain any offers.

Here are some pics:

I respond quicker to email, but I will check this and my PM's often as well. I will also be listing some other stuff in the very near future, I just wanted to get this posted.

Last edited by mart_markin; 09-23-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Availability update
Old 05-09-2009, 12:11 AM
whitestang07
2nd Gear Member

i want just the springs how much let me know aspa
Old 05-09-2009, 12:30 AM
mart_markin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whitestang07
i want just the springs how much let me know aspa
I want to try and keep this as a package, sorry.

Thanks though!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:37 AM
TotoGT06
2nd Gear Member

just for everyone else and Im just curious, how much does this lower your car?
Old 05-09-2009, 05:29 AM
scoots
2nd Gear Member

I may be interested in a swap. I am located in Gahanna, just east of Columbus. How much did this setup lower the car? How would you describe the ride quality?

Scott

Last edited by scoots; 05-09-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:48 AM
sd07gt
2nd Gear Member

why is everything all rusted out ...looks like a flood car ?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:59 AM
mart_markin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TotoGT06
just for everyone else and Im just curious, how much does this lower your car?
The kit lowers 1.25" F 1.5" R

Originally Posted by scoots
I may be interested in a swap. I am located in Gahanna, just east of Columbus. How much did this setup lower the car? How would you describe the ride quality?

Scott
Ride quality is firm, but comfortable. My wife is a fairly picky rider and is comfortable at 5 turns from full stiff, and there is still 2 turns more that could be used. As far as the actual use of the adjustability, you can take almost every last bit if the body roll out during hard driving. Full stiff is rough on the street, but great for a nice track. Also, being able to dial in a lot of negative camber with the J&M plates is a huge benefit in cornering and helping reduce understeer. Like I said, they are still on the car and if you want to come up or meet somewhere for a test ride let me know. Thanks!

Originally Posted by sd07gt
why is everything all rusted out ...looks like a flood car ?
First of all, I wasn't even going to bother responding, but I am going to assume that your comment was not meant to be so accusatory (as it reads). I take great care of this car, as great as you can in Mid-Ohio. There is a little surface rust on some fasteners, but everything is not "all rusted out" as you so eloquently put it. I am the only owner. The car was bought new in Somerset, Ky, in October, 2007 and we moved here about a year ago. The car is garage kept and I store it from late fall until early spring. The car has 11,500 miles on it. The dealership also sprayed undercoating on the underside before I bought it and some of what you see may be the Grabber Orange showing through the crappy job they did.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:34 AM
TotoGT06
2nd Gear Member

I hear ya on the "rust" issues we have to deal with up here. Im in Wisconsin and rust is our problem too with salted roads and constantly getting water somewhere. Cant cover everything, something is going to show at somepoint, doesnt matter how new or old the car is. Good luck on the sale!! Thats a damn good price, too bad for my warranty
Old 05-09-2009, 12:48 PM
mart_markin
1st Gear Member

Here's a couple pics of the car with the package on it. I don't have any before pics, sorry.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:26 PM
OhioUSMC1
1st Gear Member

mart- i have a full GT takeoff suspension kit w/under 100 miles on the shocks, struts, and springs. I bought it but never put on the car, because I went to aftermarket for my 6er. Anyhow I am really wanting those shocks and struts but no the springs. I live in columbus oh. maybe we can workout something since I have the parts stored awaiting to be installed.

Quick Reply: FS: Tokico D-Specs, Vogtland Springs, J&M Camber Plates