Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

07 Mustang V6 Front Suspension Thunking Noise....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 03:57 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 07 Mustang V6 Front Suspension Thunking Noise....

Hello folks!
Sorry I haven't been keeping this thread updated. But have a look at this thread.
https://mustangforums.com/m_2297319/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
There are now 16 pages worth of info' for you guys to catch up on.
It has evolved into a fairly comprehensive collection of data including pictures and parts blowups.
As far as I know, so far, there is a solution to the thunking noise on the horizon!
I suppose the other thread above has evolved to the degree it has due to the fact that the title is more what people were searching for regarding this problem. That's why this one has more or less remained static. So have a look and join us there.
Wolfey2k
Old 03-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Joes06Stang

This is the letter I recieved from my delaer today....by the way this is a Mercury Delaer.

Joe,
Here is what I have been able to squeeze out of the upper level engineers at Ford. What your Mustang is expieriencing is classified as "strut clacking". You will here the noise under certain driving conditions. Up until now, Ford did not have a clear understanding of what was happening. Ford is now working on the solution for this problem you have been having. Ford is now working on the fix and is testing it to make sure it gets ris of the problem once and for all. I believe they are going to adjust/revise the top of the strut and brace it in a better way to eliminate the clacking noise. I was told today that theyare going to relese the "Technical Service Bulletin" in the second quarter. This means they will officially anounce the repair and I am confident that this is what we will do to fix your problem. I have given my service rep your name and vin number so he knows yours is a priority. Hang in there a bit longer and I am sure this issue will be resolved. I have been reading some of the forums you sent me re this issue. I am in your corner on this issue and appreciate your buisness with North Coast Lincoln Mercury.

Thanks for your patience,

Greg Pike
North Coast Lincoln Mercury

Take it for what it is worth...but I believe they are close....I only call him twice a week now...lol

Joe
Old 03-08-2007, 12:22 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I have 648 miles on my '07 V6 and so far (knocking on wood) no thunking noise. However, I will be paying attention for the mileage ahead.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:29 PM
FlyingTuna

My 07 GT CS 4.0 has had the front end noise since I drove it off the lot. Took it back to the dealer, and they replaced the front right strut (they said it was broken internally). Noise still there. Returned it again after 3000 mi. and they noise miked it again, and now they are replacing the strut and the upper strut mount. They now say the most likely place the noise is coming from is the upper mount. I'll let you know what happens this time. I'm confident that the excess travel noise will still be there, but maybe the low speed rattle will go away.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:22 PM
tailwind

If any one has not yet heard, Ford's TSB 07-18-2 fixes the clunking and thunking. Got my car back today and if I had been blindfolded would have thought I was riding in a different car. The fix works. I mean to tell you that it is not like riding a magic carpet but about 90% better than it was. Warranty took care of the cost.