Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Any one seen these yet??

Old 04-14-2007, 10:57 PM
jayel579
2nd Gear Member

Default Any one seen these yet??

http://www.ground-control-store.com/...p/II=666/CA=96

This looks like a very nice setup. Koni coilovers valved and adjusted to the springs for the car. I did not think there would be a setup like like this for that price, I figured a coilover setup alone would be $1300+. This is a setup suspension wise that I have been looking for my car for quite some time now. CrazyAL, Rodeoflyer you guys seen these yet? Anyone else install this in there cars yet? Opinions?
Old 04-14-2007, 11:12 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Any one seen these yet??

Holy crap thats expensive.....I would just stick with D-specs and springs of your choice.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:09 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Ground Control's modified koni's are only single adjustable. For the cost of coilovers I want double.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:56 PM
jayel579
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Holy crap thats expensive.....I would just stick with D-specs and springs of your choice.
Yeah you are paying more but it is a coilover setup. I am not knocking that setup, I was planning on doing the same but you're not going to be able to corner balance the car with D-specs and springs.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:08 PM
offrdmania
3rd Gear Member

Im waiting for KrazyAl to chime in with his opinion of coilovers on the street. Its a doozy...
Old 04-15-2007, 06:46 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

coilovers on the street or the track - unless you are hardcore, tracking the car constantly, wanting every OUNCE of performance you can get - they're not worth it.

If I were really that concerned about setting my car up for every individual track I go toI would have them already. The reality is that right now my car hangs with C6's (bbbbarely) and beats M3's all day.

What do i do when I get to the track? - put on my tires and helmet. Coilovers for performance on a street car are a waste of time and money. I'm certain just about everybody on here lacks the talent and requisite to have them on their car. I will most likely switch over eventually but in 2 years when my car is paid for it will become a race car and i'll buy a brand new F-150 to haul it with. A true race setup drives like $hit on the street anyway.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:22 PM
jayel579
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

coilovers on the street or the track - unless you are hardcore, tracking the car constantly, wanting every OUNCE of performance you can get - they're not worth it.

Agreed, but I am auto-crossing the car and throwing in an occasional track day
Old 04-17-2007, 11:49 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

If you are autocrossing the car all the more reason not to go with them. The car needs to be a lot more free- especially a Mustang. You have absolutely no time to tune your chasis between runs on practice day, and with only 3 runs on race day even worse. I'm also pretty sure coilovers put you in the Prepared class - uuhhhh - have fun with that lol. It's hard enough with the factory stuff when you are up against Evo's and WRX's. Stick with mods that keep you in ESP and buy the biggest 710's you can fit on the car.

Search this Thread