Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

LIGHTWEIGHT TUBULAR RADIATOR SUPPORT/SWAYBAR DELETE

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:28 AM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

Default LIGHTWEIGHT TUBULAR RADIATOR SUPPORT/SWAYBAR DELETE

Anybody using this in their car?

What is the ride like without the front sway bar? I know its got excellent benefits for drag, but what about daily driving without the sway bar?

If I do take the sway bar off, is there anything that I could do stiffen the ride? I use this car everyday and I dont want sloppy handling, even though stock isnt that great, I dont want it to be worse...

Old 07-02-2007, 01:37 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: LIGHTWEIGHT TUBULAR RADIATOR SUPPORT/SWAYBAR DELETE

I didnt really notice a whole lot of difference with the swaybar delete on my DD. Others have said about the same. If you really corner the car then you would probably notice a bigger difference.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:41 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

I've had mine off since Nov 06 and can't notice the difference. I can however notice a difference during launches at the track, and of course that's the sole point of this mod.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:40 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

you will notice increased body roll during cornering, but if you have Tokico's you can get rid of some at the sacrifice of ride quality.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:30 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

you will notice increased body roll during cornering, but if you have Tokico's you can get rid of some at the sacrifice of ride quality.
That may also be why I don't really notice a difference. My D-Specs are set at 3 in the front and 3.5 in the rear.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:39 AM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

**** .. I feel alot of roll with it .. my hwy corning speds dropped about 10 mph... also in accident avoidence surves youll notice it big time.. THat is my take on it..

Im looking at getting D-specs very soon so hopefully that will correct some of it....

I would suggest just removing the sway bar first and drive around like that and its the same feel... if you like then soend the money and the support bar.. BMR isnt the only one who makes it.. I think CHE is coming out with one aswell soon
Old 07-12-2007, 12:00 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: armycook1981

**** .. I feel alot of roll with it .. my hwy corning speds dropped about 10 mph... also in accident avoidence surves youll notice it big time.. THat is my take on it..

Im looking at getting D-specs very soon so hopefully that will correct some of it....

I would suggest just removing the sway bar first and drive around like that and its the same feel... if you like then soend the money and the support bar.. BMR isnt the only one who makes it.. I think CHE is coming out with one aswell soon
That's what I did, I ran it about 2-3 months with out it and then left it off. I do some pretty hard cornering and some slipping and slidding for fun and honestly can not tell the difference.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:20 PM
rsx factor
1st Gear Member

What about adding a strut tower bracewhen deleting thefront sway bar?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:52 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Two different things. The STB is "supposed to" keep the strut towers from flexing back and forth. I say "supposed to" because the S197s are a hell of a lot more rigid than previous models and I've yet to see a post state "holy cow, that STB sure made a difference". The front sway bar with end links keeps the front end from raising beyond what the end links allow. Not only during launch where the whole front of the car comes up, but during hard cornering as well by keeping both sides of the front as level as the endlinks allow.

And that's my uneducated explanation of it. I'm sure more knowledgable folks can explain it much better than that.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:30 PM
rsx factor
1st Gear Member

Make's sense to me what your saying.
I just found the Strange STB and was trying to come up with a good excuse to get one will I was getting a delete kit.

Quick Reply: LIGHTWEIGHT TUBULAR RADIATOR SUPPORT/SWAYBAR DELETE