Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

BMR Handling Package

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 10:46 PM
laxplayer1028
2nd Gear Member

Default BMR Handling Package

Hi I was wondering if any of you have any experience with the BMR handling packages. I was looking at the level one package and was going to buy upper and lower control arms in addition. What do you all think?

http://www.gnetworks.com/v4/go.gnf?s...;currentPage=0

Thanks
Old 01-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Default RE: BMR Handling Package

I can do you better. Packages are easy, but they aren't specific to you needs. And they often include more than you might need (which means overspending). I do offer some for other cars, but they have a lot of options. We don't just offer one or two so we can give choices. While I don't have a magic S197 "package", I can put together a setup for you--but I'd do it based on what you want to change about the way the car drives. After all, isn't that what upgrading is about? Making something better. I don't believe in wasting good money to "fix" something that isn't actually broken.

My background is making cars handle. I've got tangible results from competition (in streetable cars), and even have a few magazine articles about my work. Example, Isetup a Z28 with some basic bolt ons and dropped almost 7 seconds from the lap time on a 1.3 mile track over two tests. 3 seconds the one time, 3.8 the next. And the car is driven every day from Queens, NY to Paramus, NJ (across NYC) too.

If you give me the chance to even discuss what your needs are, we can help. No obligation, but I think it's important to know what you trying to do before selling you all kinds of parts. And I think it's important you know how the parts work and what their effect vs. what you are wanting or expecting.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

I completely agree with Sam. That Level 1 kit has a lot of stuff in it but you really shouldask youselfwhy you need all that stuff. Let me give you an example - stock the GT coupe has a certain amount of body roll and push. For some folks it handles great but there are others who want less roll and push. I fall into this category. So I initially planned to do several upgrades, just like the Level 1 kit. But I started with just new springs and dampers. You know what...I'm still there. The difference was so dramatic that for right now I don't need anything else. Much less roll, much less push. In the future...maybe a rear sway would be nice, or some end links for the front to add some adjustability. But for now I'm quite happy.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:21 PM
laxplayer1028
2nd Gear Member

Well i was already looking at everything i mentioned minus the front sway bar so if i can find good prices on all of that minus the front sway bar...
Old 01-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Feel free to call me. I can help you with most all of it.