Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

I will change my Rotors, Suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 03:15 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I will change my Rotors, Suggestion?

I have PowerSlots and purchased them for under $400 from LMPerfomance. They look great amongst whatever else they provide.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Baers wont fit my wheels either. Well without a spacer anyways, the offset is to much and it rubs the fan blades on the wheels...
Old 06-19-2008, 08:14 PM
HazardSports
2nd Gear Member

+1 LITO.

I spoke to the guys at STEEDA who said that the 14" Baer Rotors WON't fit with the 18" stockers. They do fit in the STEEDA 18" Ultralights and I will be installing both this week-end. I will let you know how it works out. The guys at BAER confirmed that they won't fit on the 18" Stockers. Nobody could tell me for sure how they'd work with the ROUSH Trak Pak 18 X 10 however they do have the same 45mm offset as STEEDA. BAER has a fittment guide you could download on the website. Hopefully some of this could help you in some way !
Old 06-20-2008, 12:00 AM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

Okay from what I hear from quite a few people that did some testing. DBA rotors they use an effective cooling technology, no im not talking about the slots or holes im talking about inside the rotor. the vanes. For street the hawk hps pads are best with braided lines and ate brake fluid. This is what i plan to switch to soon. I hope this advice helps.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:18 PM
HazardSports
2nd Gear Member

I installed the above wheels/tires/brakes. LOOKS awesome - Stopps on a DIME.

Trade off on acceleration from added rotational mass of the 18" X 9.5 wheels and 275/40/18s added tothe powertrain.

OEM 17" w P Zeros = 51lbs?each. Steeda ULTRALIGHTS with Nitto 555 Extremes = 60 lbs/each.

Was weighing the stock -vs- Baer rotors when the little woman came out and distracted me, (not in the way I'd like). So I forgot the #s for the rotors.

Do feel the unsprung weight difference; but, if you're conscious to pre-load the suspension as you dial in the steering - the added grip from the 275 tire with over compensates for the loss of responsiveness, (stock strtus / springs on public roadway) I have not been on a road course with the NEW setup yet; but, I do suspect that the loss of responsiveness would be MAJOR!

Plan on doing a lightened flywheel and driveshaft toreducewhat Igained from the rotational mass. And also plan to do the U/LCA - Springs - Tokiko D's to more than make me happy with the handling.

There are definately issues to consider as Rodeo mentioned