Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

New Whiteline Suspension Setup Going On Soon

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 11:39 PM
DrumSTW3

Default New Whiteline Suspension Setup Going On Soon

So the car has been running well for the past year or so, since I got it all put back together, and has been pretty much trouble free. It makes pretty big power, last time I dyno'd it it put down 598 rwhp, at that was at my elevation (4600 ft) but it was tuned at sea level. Keep in mind this is with a stock 5r55s and stock 2 piece DS. I have since upgraded the cooling system, going with a larger heat exchanger and radiator, a huge (compared to the old) HE reservoir, and 2 meziere water pumps (1 of the double bearing deals in the block and another for the heat exchanger), as well as all XRP stainless hoses. I don't know what, if any, power increase I might see as a result of the cooling upgrade, I'm thinking maybe a few HP from the waterpump, and if nothing else, it definitely runs cooler.

Now for the next round of upgrades. I am getting this suspension setup done in the next couple of weeks done by Whiteline. Their components seem to be pretty nice from what I have heard, and their bushings are insane. I know they are pretty new to the mustang market, but they have been around a while in Australia. Does anyone have any experience with their stuff? I have never heard anything but people raving about their stuff. I am getting their Front and Rear swaybars, Upper and Lower Control arms, anti dive kit, all of their bushings, and watts link, and some other odds and ends. I also want to get a good set of coilovers, I am thinking KW V3s, but they are pricey. I know with suspension its all relative, we are willing to spend as much as we need to to make big power, but tend to become cheap when it comes to getting that power to the ground. Does anyone have any recommendations?

http://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue...ehicle=2005-10
Old 07-12-2012, 01:09 PM
loaded6shooter
2nd Gear Member

that stuff is SEXY!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:44 PM
12GTPDX

Agreed that their stuff looks sexy ... but so does the stuff from Steeda, Cortex, etc who are much more established names in the Mustang world. I didn't see anything that Whiteline produces that the others don't -- so, that said, what makes you want to go with their product line specifically?

This is not a criticism of your choice at all -- just wondering what made you decide to go the Whiteline route?
Old 07-16-2012, 06:53 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

I just purchased a Whiteline adjustable Panhard bar and brace for my Mustang. I've heard nothing but good things about Whiteline's parts for imports and Australian-built cars like Monaro/2004-06 GTO. I'll report back once I get the parts and they have been installed.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:56 PM
12GTPDX

Originally Posted by Red_Devil
What makes the product different is really the core of our business, we are a bushing company! Our Synthetic Elastomer bushings are light years ahead of anything you will see here in the American market, our material does not have qualities like poly. It does not squeak, it does not transfer NVH, it is zero maintenance, and it does not fail. We also do not just take a mold of a bushing and make it out of our material, we engineer each bushing for the application and have various techniques to add articulation to avoid binding.
I'm familiar with synthetic elastomer as a vibration dampening compound in the golf world. You state that you "have various techniques to add articulation to avoid binding."

Can you expand a bit on that? Are you talking about the same types of techniques that are used to help alleviate binding with poly bushings (i.e. swivel joints, etc) or something proprietary and new?
Old 07-28-2012, 08:54 PM
MARZ
1st Gear Member

I'm glad to see you're still in the Mustang community, Jared.

I am interested in Whiteline's watts link for my new Mustang. Any word on when it'll be released? Also, do you know the diameters of Whiteline's front and rear sway bars? I did some searching around, and I found, what I believe to be, a wealth of misinformation; I figured you'd know better than anyone. The thought of clunk-free sway bar bushing articulation has piqued my interest.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:43 AM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

I use their front A arm rear bushing. I already had most of my suspension front and rear modified for my taste but still didn't have the steering feel I am used to in a European cars. The A arm bushing made a significant improvement.

Here is picture on the bench I took before realizing I had the right on the left on the right. At this point they just slip on and aff.

They make really nice watts link too. I alread made my own or I might have bought this.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Korrupted_13

I didn't even know Whiteline made mustang components untill a co-worker told me a few months ago and I saw for myself. I'll be getting front+rear sways and BHP from you guys shortly.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:14 PM
Newatthis
1st Gear Member

Default Where is this stuff made?

Jared,

I went into a local suspension shop here in BC looking into upgrading parts for my 2012 GT. Until today, had never heard of Whiteline (my own ignorance) here in Canada but a few places carry your products. I've been looking at the following parts:

1) Upper control arms
2) front and rear sway bars
3) Rear lower control arms

My car is lowered, no tracking, but spirited driving on hiway and mountains.

Do all these parts come with everything needed such as end links where required, or is anything else needed to install these?
Also what warranty is carried with whiteline parts?

Also, where are these parts made? US, Australia, etc?
Thanks. I'll be looking into these whiteline parts.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
12GTPDX

Originally Posted by 908ssp
I use their front A arm rear bushing. I already had most of my suspension front and rear modified for my taste but still didn't have the steering feel I am used to in a European cars. The A arm bushing made a significant improvement.
I'm having epic search fail on the Whiteline site -- what are the part numbers for the A-arm bushings? They sound interesting, based on your description ...

Quick Reply: New Whiteline Suspension Setup Going On Soon