Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Koni Str.t and Steeda Sport Spring review

Old 10-20-2009, 01:29 AM
I8ACHEVY
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I have to shake my head. It's not anything personal, but I see comments like this day in and day out from folks who rely solely on internet opinion, and don't take the time call someone, say... like me. Who not only does this for a living, but is a gearhead, has experience with these things, and maybe most importanly is willing to dole out information gleaned from experience.

There is so much information that's bad it's not funny. Twice in this thread I've read that folks are worried because the spring is thinner diameter. IT'S A DIFFERENT MATERIAL guys, doesn't have to be the same wire size to be the same rate. And I assure you the material is very durable, I also use it for springs I have made for F-bodies, and someday might do the same for Mustangs should I see the need to do something different. Still assessing that.

I'm not kidding now. This is at least the 2nd or 3 time in about a week I've seen folks make decisions that are a little short-sighted. I don't know what the deal is, but I need you folks to understand my job, and how I make my living, and how I've gotten the reputation I have (which is pretty good if I do say so myself) is by being honest and upfront with customers, and selling product for fair pricing.

I really wish you guys would take the benefit of my experience.
No worries, and nothing personal taken. This is in fact your business.
I did rule out the ultralites based on height first and didn't look into them further because of that. I also heard great things about the Sports. I am very happy with them.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
I'm considering the Steeda ultralites myself. Steeda springs are top-notch. The Comps I'm running are a bit stiff for my liking in daily driving. I'm considering cranking my large diameter Hotchkis swaybars down to max and going with a lighter spring like ultralites.

Like Sam mentioned, the ultralite construction is alloy similar to vogtlands. It's lighter and stronger with a smaller diameter. I really like em' and will probably pick up a set....once I take care of my other nagging nuances..

Steeda Comps aren't all that stiff, fwiw. And Ultralites are the SAME material as Vogtland, because they are made by Vogtland (I'll tell you that, not sure Steeda would). Note, they are different than the Vogtland springs in rate and height, they are not relabled production Vogtlands. I carry all the above (and a lot of other) springs.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:48 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
I also picked the sports, but find them far from stiff, and wish I would've got the stiffer ones, that they don't seem to sell anymore.
It may be because mine is a convertible, and I'm running the stock shocks and struts.
And I also worried about the ultralites, holding up over time.
Part number 555-8241 is our more aggressive spring over the sports. We do still carry it.

PM me for pricing if you are still interested in something more aggressive.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I have a very lightly used set of Steeda Comps in stock (used to test, then changed to other parts). They don't have 100 miles on them. $299 shipped fwiw.

I also carry new ones, and have both Sports and Ultralites in stock (new ones) as well.