Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Tien Type Flex Coilovers??

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Black_N_Blown
1st Gear Member

Default Tien Type Flex Coilovers??

Has any one that has these figured out the best settings on them because I've tried few different settings and I cant seem too keep my back end from bouncing around. Thanks for the input
Old 12-01-2009, 05:40 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

So, you want to know what settings are required when no one knows anything about your car, the conditions you are driving in, or the style of your driving?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Black_N_Blown
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RodeoFlyer
So, you want to know what settings are required when no one knows anything about your car, the conditions you are driving in, or the style of your driving?
I'm just looking for what works for anyone els, But It's a 08 GT coupe, with a Kenne bell supercharger. Just city and freeway driving for now... Anything els??
Old 12-01-2009, 06:27 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Black_N_Blown
I'm just looking for what works for anyone els, But It's a 08 GT coupe, with a Kenne bell supercharger. Just city and freeway driving for now... Anything els??
What does a Kenne Bell supercharger have to do with the back end of your car bouncing around?
Old 12-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Blair
2nd Gear Member

You really cannot lower these cars more than 1.0" without seriously degrading ride quality and handling performance. The rear Tein Flex kit lowers the rear of the mustang over 2.5" (!!!!) right out of the box. Your bump suspension travel in the back is basically zero at this point and your riding on your bumpstops. That means the rear end of your car hitting a bump has nowhere to go but up. And when it comes back down it probably is crashing pretty hard on that bumpstop.

The only way to improve it is to crank up the damping on your shocks and raise the rear ride height. You might also want to seriously consider some lower control arm relocation brackets as I bet your lower control arms are at a ridiculous angle which may also be contributing to your ride problems.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:43 PM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

Well what is your current setting
Old 12-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Black_N_Blown
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RodeoFlyer
What does a Kenne Bell supercharger have to do with the back end of your car bouncing around?
Well you asked about my car
Old 12-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Black_N_Blown
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blair
You really cannot lower these cars more than 1.0" without seriously degrading ride quality and handling performance. The rear Tein Flex kit lowers the rear of the mustang over 2.5" (!!!!) right out of the box. Your bump suspension travel in the back is basically zero at this point and your riding on your bumpstops. That means the rear end of your car hitting a bump has nowhere to go but up. And when it comes back down it probably is crashing pretty hard on that bumpstop.

The only way to improve it is to crank up the damping on your shocks and raise the rear ride height. You might also want to seriously consider some lower control arm relocation brackets as I bet your lower control arms are at a ridiculous angle which may also be contributing to your ride problems.

Yeah thats what i was thinking would be my problem, I'm not riding on my bump stops because I cut them ( I know that makes them not work right but its better then sitting on them at right hight) I am planning on getting lower control arm relocation brackets, but I just bought wheels so those gotta wait hahah
Old 12-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Black_N_Blown
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by foolio2k4
Well what is your current setting
Right now I'm running the front and back where they say to in the instructions, 12 clicks out from all the way hard
Old 12-04-2009, 09:23 PM
SfMaxcy

The Problem with Tien's is travel, they are made for the Roads and Tracks of where they originate from which tend to be smoother than glass most of the time so Tien can get away with having only a half inch or so of travel before they start getting into the bump stop....not the same story here in the USA There are plenty of coilovers out there that will allow you to lower the car a bunch without compromising ride quality too much...they just usually are not very cheap. As most people mentioned above your best option is to raise the car up.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Tien Type Flex Coilovers??